My wife is going to get a tonsillectomy in a few days. However, it's possible that she may be pregnant. If she is pregnant, she's no more than 2 weeks along. Can she still have her operation? We've been planning for it for a long time, and she's already filed for the Family Medical Leave Act so she can get out of work. We'd really like to go through with the operation but we need to know if there's any danger. Please respond ASAP so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

Hi Holt,

If you think that she is pregnant, first thing is first. Don’t stress out! This might have negative effects.

Second, you have to find out first if she is really pregnant. And if she is really pregnant you have to tell this to your doctor. He will then have to decide if he will continue with the procedure.

Tonsillectomy is very common procedure and it’s not life threatening, but doctor’s main concern should be the health of the baby and the mother.  I think the main problem here is the medication that you receive before going for surgery. There are some possibilities that they might harm you baby.  You can’t hide anything from the doctor before the procedure.

Exactly I have same issue I have tonsil with sleep apnea which cause my breathing stop middle of everything ... Specially at night time but I am waiting on my doctor to give me operation date which they haven't yet and I think I am pregnant bug I am waiting on my periods I don't want to get pregnant because if I am oregannt and decide to keep a babi so for sure I am not going for surgery and if I am not going for surgery for sure if will give me pribrlm in future such as I barely can breath since I have sleep apnea with tosil make it more worse on top pregnancy will make it more hell..Why should I do