I have friend who told me he’s got tonsilliths and he needs to get his tonsils removed. I would say anything if he didn’t say this is something he’s being bothered for the last year. Since I know him very well, I can’t remember he was sick, so I don’t understand him. What actually tonsilliths is and is there really required operation and removing the tonsils?

Tonsilliths is caused by bacteria that purify material in tonsil crypts. They create white lumps that people spit or cough out from time to time. Tonsillith can cause bad breath and a foul taste in the mouth, but these tonsilloliths are not dangerous. Gargling, or using a Q-tip dipped in a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide may be all that is necessary to treat this condition. Also he might use soft bristled toothbrush to dislodge this debris. If this doesn’t help, these tonsillith can cause really discomfort and become bothersome. Then, eventually, removing of tonsils can be considered. Some people may have it associated to allergic problems or a chronic sinus infection. Then CT scan of the sinus is recommended, but also and allergy skin testing can be done. As you see, there are reasons for your friend to wish performing operation, I guess he suffers from tonsilliths for a long, and he is really annoying with.