Hi, it is very nice that you think of your office, and even we both know how much on your mind you have now. You are one strong and positive person. And also pleasure is all mine for talking to you. I hope that many will find your story very positive and reassuring when facing the same problem. You have done it earlier and I hope that you will continue to keep us updated on your status. You have come a long way and you are almost at the finish line. So kip up the good work. :-)

Thanks once again dark_red. The first thing I do when I get to the office is check my email to see if anyone has posted. It is so reassuring to know that someone out there is listening to me. Every word of encouragement and support is appreciated...truly!

I had to take my dog to the vet this morning and when I asked if we could do her annual visit now instead of next month because of my surgery, I learned that the vet's assistant has also had this surgery. She has an ileostomy, but nonetheless, she's pretty much been in my shoes. She was so very kind and even gave me her home and cell numbers so I can call her. Isn't interesting how these kinds of things work out??? As I was driving to the vet's office, I was thinking that next week at this time I will be in preparation for the surgery - and couldn't breath. Then, I talk with this wonderful person who put my my at ease. She said even if she could have her colon back she wouldn't. She said she feels SO much better - and she had this done about 25 years ago.

So, once again an angel (like you guys at this forum) was placed in my path. And then I read more kind words from you. I am being take care of in so many ways.

Thank you for being there - and caring. Beanie

See 25 years ago and she is still great. And even things are that good that she wouldn't want it back in her. :-) This is very positive thing that you have found and even didn't searched it. :-) See good things are happening to you and i am positive that you will be grate. In a few days everything is going to be done. You are strong and very positive. Have that on your mind always.
All the best.

Yet another meltdown this morning...my surgeon's office called my home phone yesterday and left a message for me to call - no indication why. My mind went to "there must be something wrong and they are going to cancel the surgery" (how's that for being positive - ugh!). I couldn't get anyone on the phone this morning for a long time, and when I finally did, she was very abrupt with me. Needless to say, I was in tears - again. She called back about an hour later, apologizing profusely for being rude, and told me why she'd called (insurance). So you can see that I'm sort of on the edge and feeling extremely vulnerable. Keep sending me good wishes... I am trying to be strong and positive. Your post made me think of that song "I am woman, hear me roar" so I'm going to try to focus on that. Thanks, Beanie

Well as much as you can be positive, after that kind of massage and after that you couldn't reach her, and then she is a little rude, that is something that can discompose you. Needless to say that you have a lot of going on, and you are preparing all the things that you need before the surgery. And to receive an message when not expected, I would be upset a little to. Come on don't let this things get you, you are much stronger then this. It's bean a few days so how are you now? Any better? Keep me posted.

I am better today. I did end up in tears last night just because I didn't want the weekend to be over. My husband says these tears are necessary so I am trying to be true to myself and cry when I need to. I also had a couple of good laughs over the weekend, enjoyed my niece's graduation from high school, and got a lot of stuff done around the house in preparation for a comfortable, stressfree recuperation. I still wish this wasn't happening, but there are people far worse off than me in the world who I'm sure have MUCH more to complain about. So today, as best I can, I am moving forward with a positive attitude.

Since the surgeon said I had to stop all digestive enzymes, I am bloated beyond belief. I keep reminding myself that this will soon be over, I will soon feel great, and I will then be able to get on with enjoying life instead of focusing on feeling bad. Thanks again for your incredible support. Beanie

Beanie I had a smile on my face while reading this. I am really happy that you are going through all this in such positive way. It is good that you had something nice for a weekend. You could focus your mind on something else. Hope that graduation went well.
I understand that bloated stomach is not nice. But keep it there.
You see a all this time while we were talking you had some problems, and all this is near an end, and you very soon you will be able to continue your life. Healthy and happy, I hope. :-)
Once again i am really happy that I am helping you in any way. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks dark_red. I have to say that I am pretty nervous today... I hadn't planned to come to work, but here I am. I don't have much to do, but at least it feels familiar and comforting to be here.

Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been together for 33 years! (And yes, we were babies when we met - ha!). He is wonderfully supportive, understanding, and patient. I am truly blessed.

A woman who works for us gave me a beautiful card today which reminds me that I am being taken care of and that all is well. I believe I'll focus on that today.

Again, dark_red, whoever you are, wherever you are, you have been a tremendous help to me. I am grateful for everything word of encouragement and support you have offered. Beanie

Happy anniversary. I must say wow, 25th wedding anniversary is really something that you can be proud of. Congratulation one more time. :-)
Tomorrow is the day. I understand you. You are nervous and that is ok, try to relax as much as you can. Enjoy in this day with your husband as much as you can. He has been all the way with you. And that is one of the most gifts he could give you. You should be very thankful for him.
I am very glad that I was able to help you even if it mean just talking to you. I feel good also knowing I was able to help someone in any way.
I hope that you will still be on this forum after this is gone. There is so much people here and so many things to discuss. Your experience might be very helpful for someone who is just having these problems.

As I remember today is the day. So I just want to wish you good luck, and hope that everything will be good. I don't know how long will you be in the hospital, but as soon as you have a chance please post here. I really want to know how all went and how are you doing? I know you will be fine, just want to hear that from you. All the best Beanie.

i am home ... all went well... i am just so nauseous and my surgeon says I just have to get past it. the problem is i don't feel like eating so i am very weak. any suggestions? thanks for thinking of me

I did get that it is you at first, because you were not logged in. :-)

Well it is good that you are home now. Try to eat soup or drink yogurt. They are not hard for your stomach and they can be your food for few days until you get better and start to eat some stronger food.
Don't do any hard work. You have supporting husband let him work for you through this period of time.
I hope that you will be fine as soon as possible.
All the best Beanie.

Well I haven't heard from you in few days. i just want to check if everything is fine and that all is going as planed?
I know you are at your home and resting, I hope that you are able to replay to me in some way just to know that you are ok.
Is you husband doing all the stuff, like preparing the food or doing the laundry :-)
When you have some time, tippe few words.
All the best Beanie.

Hi Beanie, it sounds to me after having read over this thread that you have made an excellent recovery and that you are doing really well! It sounds like you are obviously a bit anxious and still working on getting over it, but other than that, it seems like you are doing really well. Could you let us know how you're doing now? Thanks!

Hi Beanie, I'd like to hear how you're doing if you're still around and posting. It sounded like you went through quite an ordeal and I'd like to hear how you're doing if you don't mind coming back to share how you're doing! Thanks :-)