I heard of the importance of monitoring your heart rate. I don’t know if that is true but it makes sense to me. Knowing your heart beat at particular stage of your workout can enable you to fine tune your training sessions and achieve better results. I heard of Polar Heartrate monitors. Are they good?

Well, yes they are. They are considered to be the world’s leading heart rate monitor manufacturers. They have a wide variety of products to meet everybody’s needs. You can choose among many different products designed for different types of workouts and athletes. You can visit one of the many websites which sell their products. You will be able to find something for yourself. If you're shopping exclusively on price, you have to be careful since Polar products that are purchased from unauthorized resellers are usually not covered under the 2-year warranty. Additionally, you may potentially run the risk of buying a refurbished or reconditioned unit.