I have just bought Heart Rate Monitor. All of my friends have it so I thought that I should get one. I am just not sure how to use it. I am not even sure why we are supposed to have it. I would appreciate any tips for using a Heart Rate Monitor. Thank you for your help.

Heart rate monitor training is all about analyzing. If you have a professional heart rate monitor from Polar, you can gather a lot of data for analyzing on your PC. If you want to get the full value out of your heart rate monitor this is an important part. Once you are used to analyze your heart rate records, you will better understand how your body works. You will also be able to make better decisions about your future training. One thing though, your estimated target heart-rate zone is… just that - an estimate. If you feel like you are exercising too hard, there are great chances that you really are. You should reduce your intensity and find a heart-rate range that works for you.