Hello everyone. I have really important job role in my life for a couple of days. I am going to be promoted at some seminary in Italy. Before I go there, I needed to do some health tests because they wanted all of us to have medical insurance. After I came back from my doctor I found out that I am diagnosed with obstructive hypertrophic cadiomyopathy. I want to know how dangerous this is? Can I travel?

What are the treatment options and recovery time for Obstructive Hypeertrophic Cardiomyopathy? I really want this job promotion, so any help is really appreciated.

Thank you. 

Hello Princess V. The main goal of treatment is to relieve symptoms and prevent sudden cardiac death in people who are at high risk. And I think that this condition is pretty much serious. Maybe your doctor is going to forbid you to go to some long travel. That is all for your own good. Trust me.

Specific treatment varies depending on the severity of the symptoms that you are having. Your doctor will discuss with you the most appropriate treatment for your condition. It can be treated with certain medications, septal ablation and doctors can recommend Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator as well.

What do you mean by that I might have to avoid to travel? I don't want that. I was waiting for this opportunity for my whole life and if I can do something that my doctor skip to tell my bosses about this - I would do this. Trust me. I am not scared of the disease, I am scared that I will lose my job opportunity and I don't want that. I need to travel there in 15 days. Is there any chances for doctor to determine my treatment as soon as possible or I can seek for some medical therapy without having some test? I know that I seem like crazy person to you, but I can't help myself.

You are acting a bit silly if I can tell you. Can’t you understand that this is very serious condition and you are worried about your career? I mean, what is the purpose of your career if you don’t want to heal yourself? It seems to me that I need to be brutally honest with you since we are talking about very serious condition in here – is the career really important if you are dead?

This disease can cause sudden death. And the treatment is REQUIRED.

So stop talking like this, go to your doctor and let him tell you what is the best for you.

Hello there.

I am sorry, but I have to agree with my friends in here. I think that you need to go to your doctor immediately and consult anyone who is an expert in this disease. Generally, this disease maybe is not that dangerous, but only if you treat it on time. For example, my neighbor has problem with it and she found this on time. She started with the treatment on time and that is why now everything is OK with her. She never had some big problems with those medications So stop acting like you are a kid. Please.