I had a total thyroidectomy in summer 05. Since then I have had some issues with my sleep. I fidget, turn over and over all night long. It is causing some serious problems for my husband and his sleep. Has anyone had similar issues?

I too have a hard time falling asleep...I am not sure what it is but it can be annoying..but I find that taking a mild sleep aid helps..I think it may be from the stress of worrying prior to the surgery.I had my surgery April 23rd,2007.

If you would like to speak further get back to me.
Thanks

I had my thyroid removed last week and I'm taking Synthroid. I'm having tremendous difficulty falling asleep, but otherwise feel better than ever. I also experienced anxiety prior to surgery and was having trouble sleeping during that time, but post-surgically it seems to be worse. I'm hoping the situation will improve over the next few weeks, but if not, I'll bring it to the attention of my physician and see what she thinks.