I am a healthy female in my twenties. I have never experiences vaginal orgasm. And my sex life was very slow and simple. My new partner is hoping to make me have orgasm one day. When he was giving me oral sex, I had an orgasm, but I also had slight and uncomfortable feeling in my face and arms, hands. Feels like the face, lips get locked into some scary grimace. As we were having normal intercourse right after, I felt the same thing again. Much stronger. Strongly in my hands this time. I felt like my fingers were getting locked in some crooked position. and the same thing with me face. I had to bite my lip to have some control over my face, and make fold my fingers into fists. It is very frustrating and scary. I can not continue having sex at that point. I asked all the female friends, and noone has ever felt this. It lasts several minutes. It feels like there is a million of tiny needles poking the skin of my face, arms and hands. It does not hurt, but is very uncomfortable and scary :'( . It happed about 4-5 times in my life before.
I am thinking that I should see a doctor. Does anyone know what it is?
Thank you.

well i know that when i woman is having an orgasm during sex blood flows to the face and their lips turn red and their cheeks too, it looks kind of like their blushing and it sometimes does feel tingly, but you seem to really feel uncomfortable with it, so if you think its a serious problem then maybe you should go see your doctor

I feel the same thing, ur definately not alone.... and i totally understand what u mean when u say its scary... ive asked my boyfriend to stop because im scared i might pass now my best friend think its just an orgasm and i should just 'let it come'... hahahaha. still scary.

You are having an orgasm you crazy nut. Probably becuase you hadn't had one in ages the intensity of it was worse, but the more you have, the more you get used to it! Being personal here, having an orgasm is not totally great if you are not used to it, it is just totally weird. This is probably why you didn't enjoy it that much. You will eventually..... (hopefully!) OK! Have fun now.

Wait, just to say, I felt the need to post here, because I also consulted my friends on this subject and they were like "No. That doesn't happen to me.You are just weird." So there you go, we are the unlucky ones with unattractive facial expressions. But IMHO I think more men experience this sensation, ask your boyfriend.

BYEEE!

I experience the same exact thing- down to the letter! I'm a 19 yr old male. While masturbating, I've never experienced this, but when fooling around or even just making out, I often experience whatever this is. I was just wondering if you ever got any answers of what it was. If so, I would be so greatful to know!

I'm 15 years old and i have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now we had sex for the first time today, and i got the same thing, i thought i better look it up on the internet to find out if anyone else gets it, or to find out what it is... Im glad to see that I'm not alone with this situation but seriously is that what an orgasm feels like?? if it is then i don't wanna have sex ever again, its so uncomfortable and i had to get my boyfriend to stop because my whole body went really tight, even though we were both really into it before, he got really worried about me too, and i was really scared because i didn't know what was happening to me...

I've had sex before with different guys and not once have I experianced that
Now im with a new guy and i got that exact thing
it scared the sh*t outta me
i had to cover my face with my hands because i had no control over my face and i didnt want him to see it
does it ever end???

Oh my gosh!! I had to reply to this because when I read the initial post I felt I could have been typing it myself. I have a new boyfriend and I have experienced this almost every time we have had sex. (Guess I got a good one, haha) But it is terrifying!! I know he is probably looking at me like "are you okay? Is your face okay?" But I can't control it! I too try biting my lips and even hide my face :-/ I want to share this with him but is that too weird? I have never experienced anything like it before him, and I am worried what he will think... It's super awkward to feel my face twitching and tensing up, then after sex my hands feel like they want to close and I try SOOO hard to control it but I can't. I feel better knowing I'm not alone and I guess in a way it's kind of a funny problem to have. We'll see how he reacts! Thanks for posting guys, I no longer feel like a freak of nature (well maybe just a little now)

Hi Everybody,
This happehened to me too today--my facial muscles all tightened up, as well as both my hands. It was scary, because my fingers were rigid and in a very unusual position (like where you extend all your fingers and thumb together to "talk" with your hand). There was also dizzyness, and a supercharged-prickly feeling in my face, hands, and arms.

I also noticed that I was breathing unusually deeply and heavy during all this, probably trying too hard to relax...also, as I noticed myself tightening up I started to feel some anxiety and probably made the overbreathing that much worse...

So anyway after it was all over I searched symptoms of hyperventilation on the web... look it up for yourself, along with "carpopedal spasms" (spasming of hand and/or foot muscles), "facial spasm," etc.

Seems our common problem might be breathing way too hard during sex (not that anyone should stop breathing during sex, lol...just don't overdo it)--can anyone else out there weigh in on this?

Do you have a tendency to suppress your emotions? If so, that is what your issue is. What you are experiencing is a transfer of the emotions you don't want to feel into your muscles. In most cases muscles just tense up a little bit when you are suppressing your emotions. In this case, what you are experiencing is so strong that it makes the muscles so tense they have spasms. Try to figure out why you are having this emotional block, possibly trust issues, and determine whether it is worth it to focus on letting your guard down. If not, it is time to find a new partner.

im a 20 year old male this happend to me after i just finish running 2 miles yesterday i felt kind of nauseous afterwards i dont know if it was because i didnt eat nothing and im a person that gets very scare when it come to throwing up.. so i go that feeling in my face and hands and it was very scary i think i might be sick or something =/. it wasnt the first time though , the first time it happend was after a mean ass hangover i was sick in the morning felt like throwing up but never didnt and got the same feeling. and the last time that happend i was at a water park i was about to throw my self from a scary ass slide and there was the feeling but i didnt feel it that much it was very little that time

I am a 25 year old male, and this has happened to me about a dozen times in my life, generally during moments of extreme excitement. The explanation of hyper ventilation makes total sense. I guess we all just need to control our breathing a bit more. No need to worry about it though. 

I'm a 18 year old girl who had sex for the first time yesterday and my hands cramped up in the exact same way, like a scary crooked weird clamp thing. My face and hands and feet got super tingly and I thought I was going to pass out I was breathing so hard. I thought I might just be dehydrated or maybe I was getting some kind of weird asthma attack. My boyfriend just laughed and asked if he "took my breath away" which was pretty cool that he didn't think I was a total freak. I made him pull out (which he wasn't happy about) and I kinda gave him blue balls too, which I feel really bad about.
After a few minutes of him just cuddling me I calmed down and was able to move my hands again. But still, it was scary.

It was the wierdest sh*t i am 25 and have never had this happen until last night, i mean i have had orgasms before i have em almost everytime i have sex , but this time was scary sh*t. My bf was giving me oral and my face gor numb and my fingers were tingling and numb, i decided not to stop him cuz i was about ti have an orgasm , and when i did the numbness went away after like a minuet but i was freaked out i thought im having a stroke, ao i.googled it, im glad im not alone and others expirienced this, what would we do wirh out google? I dunno.......guess my bfs that god damn good, was best orgasm of my life considering i was expiriencing stroke like symptoms.

Does anyone who's experienced this know their MBTI personality type? Is anyone introverted?

I have experienced this many times, and I am determined to figure it out.

I think it is a hyperventilation problem- search dyspnea and its symptoms and you'll see the muscle cramps/spasms we describe.

So now what I'm wondering is, are we having this hyperventilation problem because of supressing our emotions, as one poster above said? 

I'm seriously fed up, if anyone wants to answer my questions and try to research this email me. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use