I'm an 18-year-old female and I've been having sex relatively frequently for about four years with the same boy. I have found sex to be extrememely complicated for me. For the last two years or so, not only has it become neary impossible for me to have an orgasm, I'm constantly being overwhelmed by numerous uncomfortable sensations during sex that force me to stop. These discomforts include pain, which I think is the result of the penis hitting the cervix, dryness, likely from a lack of enthusiasm on my part, and a frightening amount of numbess in my hands and face. If the pain and dryness are not particularly a problem during a session and I start to think I might actually have an orgasm this time, my face and hands begin to tingle and eventually go completely numb - which then freaks me the hell out and I just can't continue. I've heard people say that the numbness is from hyperventilation/lack of circulation and that you're just supposed to relax and/or change postions, but I can't be much more relaxed and I can only really do the missionary possission because it is the only one that has any hope of allowing me to climax. I have no idea what to do.

This may be nothing, but I've had a severe, undiagnosed discomfort in my back for about as long as I've been experiencing this numbness - I don't know if there could be a connection there or not I'm just throwing that out there.

I'm 18 years old and I have the sex drive of a 60-year-old woman because I feel incapable of experiencing a pleasent sexual experience. I'm desperate for any advice that can help me figure out how to avoid all these discomforts so that I can have some hope of being able to enjoy sex again. Please - if any one knows anything about any of this, I would REALLY appreciate it if you could inform me. Thank you!

Hi Nicole! Actually I have heard of this before, so I was researching it and the only thing that kept coming up was "Orgasm Stroke!" Obviously this ISNT you as you are fine after! BUT that said, I would like you to get another opinion, because if you are having undiagnosed pain problems, then you need to find out what is going on! I think they are related, when we hurt our back - where ALL our nerves are based from! Then there HAS to be some sort of damage! I AM concerned about the numbness you feel though! Plus your dryness, I think they are all conected! So please go to a new doctor and write down ALL your symptoms and present those to the new doctor! Because sometimes, you might feel that something is insignificant, but it actually will help the doctors connect the dots! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey!