I have been sexually active for only 3 weeks and the past couple of times we had sex, my face and hands felt tingly and numb. Is this normal?? I didn't feel like I was having an orgasm (I have yet to have one). I couldnt move my fingers as my hands felt paralyzed and I slurred my speech a little. It's annoying and once my husband couldn't finish because my frozen face made him laugh! I was on bottom both times--does our position have anything to do with this??

I recently had the same problem with a new boyfriend. He is very well endowed. Did you ever get an answer. I would like to know what it is!!! :O

oh my gosh me too! please someone tell me .
its there something wrong with me?
sometimes i feel retarded cause my hand look all jacked up!

This has happened to me a quite few times. I just had a severe episode the other day. I was gettin it on, and began to feel my pinky fingertips tingle. The tingling started to spread through my hands and up my arms. Then my lips began to tingle. Since it's happen before I chose to ignore it and keep going. Then my hands began to stiffen and cramp. The it started in my toes, feet then legs. I had slurred speech and numbness for about 5-10 minutes after we stopped. It didn't scare me but I became curious of what is goin on. My research has concluded that hyperventalation is probably the cause. Basically the deeper breathing or more frequent breathing is causing more oxygen and less carbon dioxide, like a panic attack. If you look up hyperventalation the same symptoms come up and it obviously makes sense. No one focuses on their increased breathing when they have something orgasmic on their mind. I suggest when you start to feel the tingle, relax!

Well the other day I had that issue but it was'nt my face and fingers, it was my calves and toes but they got to the point where I couldnt stand or continue. I got extremly dizzy and could'nt catch my breath for upward of 20 minutes. It scared the hell outta me now Im also scared to do the nasty my husband is heated !!!!!

I have had the same problem many times. It is really scary and I don't know what causes it. The muscles around my mouth tighten and it is hard to talk. My feel and my hands become tingly, like they are falling asleep, and it is difficult to move them, especially my fingers. Does anybody know why this is happening????

I have been experiencing this for a few months now, and while I guess for some it could be a panic/anxiety issue...It is most likely dehydration! Yes, it is that simple...first off, few of us actually drink the daily amount of water that our body requires for effeciency, but factor in that caffeine and poor diet add to the issue of dehydration, then consider the fact that during sex we as women have to tighten and tense up all of our muscles in order to achieve an orgasm which adds strain on your muscles making the fact that you are dehydrated noticeable due to extreme stress on the body (yes sex stresses the body no matter how amazing it feels) not to mention the sweating and energy during sex that is also continuing to dehydrate the body. One of the most common side effects of dehydration is cramping in muscles that are being used, and tingling numbing sensation that we all describe as "falling asleep." Since dehydration is closely related to oxygen levels in your brain, it also explains the speech slurring issue as well! I could be wrong, but based on my own curious research and my fiance and I's discussions about the issue (he is the biology P.H.d researcher in the equation) this seems to be the likely culprit. Try hydrating before sex and just more regularly in general (i should practice what I preach).... Last, you should keep in mind that it takes much longer and much more water to replenish your body once it is dehydrated...2 or 3 bottles...so hydrate first then sex it up!!!

Actually I have experienced this too, but I have never had sex. Whenever me and my boyfriend "play around" and I have an intense orgasm, I get all shaky, my legs weaken and I can't stand/walk. Minutes later, my entire body starts to go numb. It's an amazing feeling and i'm glad to have experienced it:) 

I recently had something simialar happen, my face became numb and tingly when me and my boyfriend were messin around. I think it was because I was about to orgasm because my boyfriend also said my vagina began to tighten up. Maybe you didn't have an orgasm, but you were about to.

Yeah, this happened to me the other day. I'm with this new guy, and he was eating me out. The numbness started in my pinky and ring finger and after a few minutes both of my hands and arms were numb and super tingly. By the time I came my lips and tongue were starting to tingle and so were my feet. Multiple other guys have done this to me and I've never had this happen. (I will mention that this guy is WAY better at it than anyone else, so maybe that's a factor!) When I sat up, I could hardly move my fingers and I had to sit for a few minutes before it started to fade. It's just weird that this has never happened until now. Even when touching myself and doing an awesome job it's never happened (ha). It freaked me out, since I'm really paranoid, and I thought I was literally going to die from pleasure or something, hah. Someone mentioned heavy breathing, but I wasn't breathing any heavier than I would during normal sex, so..  And it had nothing to do with an orgasm either, since the tingly thing started right away and it took me a good 20 minutes before I came, so, yeah. And now I'm just really curious about this. Maybe being a different position would help? (I was on my back.) I will test this theory out tomorrow. ;-) 

i had my firs orgasm and my penis felt realy tingly and wierd

It is likely to be a symptom of mild hyperventilation.

This has happened to me several times. Some from sex but but some from just getting really turned on. I'm not so sure that dehydration is the answer but perhaps hyperventilation is

I see a lot of women posting on here, but I'm a guy. During oral sex this actually happens to me. My arm and face tingle and go slightly numb. Not really sure why, but the dehydration thing sounds very likely. It mostly happens to me when I'm on the bottom. If I'm on top I don't seem to have the same issues.

I had the same thing the last two nights, I have had it before but now I am with a new boyfriend, I have not orgasmed with him yet which is rather annoying. it starts with my ears they go hot and tingly and numb then my lips go numb and cramp soo weird, my hands and up my legs go tingly.. but again there is no orgasm so I am unsure of what this is, I have never however orgasmed though penetration alone, so I know my previous orgasms have been more clitorial orgasms, this makes me think that maybe it is close to penetration orgasm if my body is doing this. I am eager to find more information on this. and would be interested to know how long this keeps happening for you. xxxx