Hi, I have been a passionate bike rider all my life. I always prided myself with the fact that I never had an accident. This was a fact until two days ago when an unbelievable thing happened. I rode my bike through the park. There was a small rock on the path that I did not notice. In short, I fell and cut my upper lip. My right arm and leg were also scratched, but that was not as terrible as the lip. When I got home I used a disinfectant to clear the cut. It stopped bleeding so I didn't go to the doctor. A friend of mine says that I have to have a doctor check up the cut. Should I go to the doctor even if I do not have any problems with the upper lip cut?

Hi, the fact that you had only one accident in your entire biking career is something you should be proud of. The upper lip cut can be a serious injury if it gets infected. It is a good thing that you disinfected the cut, but I am afraid that this is not enough. If the cut is deep, dirt could have got into it and you might have not cleared the wound properly. The dirt can cause the infection and that is why you have to go to the doctor. Although you think that there is nothing wrong with the cut, the doctor will give you an anti tetanus injection as a matter of precaution. He will evaluate if the injury needs to be stitched.