hi, I am a 26 years old nonvirgin girl. I have a strange problem....i have recenty started using tampons and am not sure if i am using it the right way as every time i urinate the tampons gets wet and i have to change it. also i have read that there are two openings in vagina( urethra and Vagina) however i dont seem to loacte my urethra. is is possible that i dont have any. kindly help as this is disturbing me.....regards

Of course you have a urethra, otherwise you wouldn't be able to urinate. The opening of the urethra is extremely small and no tampon could fit inside of it. So don't worry, you have a urethra. However, you may not be placing the tampon fully or correctly inside of you. If you have further problems with indicating where your vagina is, I would recommend seeing a gynecologist immediately.

Yes, you can. But to do that you need to know using tampon like a pro. If you are a beginner, my advice is not to try it. But, here is how you can try to do that. You should try to reach your hand in between your legs and pull this string that you have on your tampon to the side. Hold this string against your thigh and generally, this should be one of the ways when you are urinating. 

When you are finished, wipe it like you do normally when you are going to the toilet.

If you don't know how to do it, hold your urine for a while or change your tampon. 

It sounds to me like you are not inserting it fully into the vaginal area. Read the instructions on the box. If you are comfortable, ask your mom or a friend to explain it.

Guest wrote:

hahahahaha,

i'm 16 and you're 26 and you recently discovered that you have two holes... and you obviously have no idea what a urethra is.

the urethra is the thing you pee out of, and it's tiny!
so no, you probably couldn't find it if you're touching yourself.

that's just too funny.

you made my day.

No, it's not too funny. She has a legit question that warrants an answer. Don't crack jokes at some ones elses' expence.

It's possible that you're urinating on the string and the moisture is wicking up the string to the tampon. Just tuck the string sightly up inside or hold it back when you urinate.

I'm 12, and I know you have two holes. That's because your a girl. You really shouldn't have trouble finding your hole, so maybe talk to your doctor about that, but please do NOT attempt to stick the tampon up your urethra. It will end badly.

Don't be giving the girl grief. She is having an issue. I'm 43 and have the same issue. The tampon company makes it that way so you have to buy more tampons faster!

It's all a sales tactic. You are probably inserting it correctly. This is a common problem.

Not sure if your referring to the actual tampon itself, or the string that hangs outside the body. If its the tampon, the you need to insert it farther into the body, or try a different size or brand. If its the string, it is common for it to get urine on it when you urinate, you can try and hold the string to the side or the back of you when urinating, that should help solve the problem.

As far as not seeing your urethra hole clearly, that too is common, it is tiny holes just above the vaginal opening, depending on what you look like down there, some people you can see it as clear as day, and others not so much. But it is there, just need to locate it.

Hope this helps.

i'm excited to go caving for the second time. a river flows through the cave and i know i'm going to get wet. problem is, i have a period. and i decided to use tampons... for the first time. i told myself it wouldn't hurt to try new things so you can enjoy things you love doing.

i'm looking forward to learning to use tampons and get the benefits of it. and i appreciate that most people are very supportive with information and are not hesitant to share their experience.

i feel more relaxed and better using them! :-)

GROW UP CHILD

I agree, this isn't funny. I'm glad you're 16 and you know you have 2 holes. Hopefully you were intelligent enough to pass your driving test with such brains, unless this is the only thing you have learned in all your 16 years and you were just waiting for a moment to share your cherished only piece of knowledge in a 16 years of your exsistance. God help public education in America.

I have this same problem, I've researched and want to schedule with a Gyno. It might be a rare birth defect called Hyposadias, where your urethra is actually in the vaginal wall. My tampons are soaked with urine if I pee with it inside me - But if I take it out, I pee normal. No stream of urine comes out with my tampon in though. The tampon literally blocks my urine, so I'm lead to believe I have had this birth defect unknowingly for my 25 years.

Let me know if you found anything out from any medical professionals!

Best

I have the same problem with the tampon getting wet after urinating. I know the tampon is all the way inserted. I've read how the way one is positioned on the toilet can affect where the urine goes. Such as in a straight stream or more of a spray or a stream at an angle. It can also be affected by the vaginal labia can cover the urethra in a way that changes the urine flow. I still have yet to figure out the best position or a solution to this.

no its not funny at all and by what you say u are very immature 16 yr old if another womans problem is funny to you!!! grow up sweet heart and hopefully u wont have a problem with your body you don't understand this is a 30 yr old woman on her husbands google we just have it set up that way

Im 27 and i never knew i had two holes until i was 25 so if you think its funny then you should check the statistics as 3 in 5 woman dont know this. Dont worry darl your no different to me and the person thats laughing at us probably had no idea either until reading others comment's.