Hello!

I've always had really short eyelashes. It's ridiculous, really. They're dark as well, so it's painfully obvious that their dwarfs, no matter whether I use mascara, curlers, or anything really. I hate false eyelashes so those are not an option for me either. 

Is Latisse/Careprost my best bet? Does this really work? I have of course seen people rave about it online, but does this really, honestly give you longer eyelashes or is it nothing but a fad? I would love to try it but only if I'm quite sure that I have a good chance of coming out of the experiment with nice long eyelashes. 

Paula

From what I have read, and I have read a lot about this, Latisse really works. I have read that some people didn't achieve any special results with castor oil for growing their eyelashes, but I have never heard that Latisse didn't work for someone. What I have heard, however, is that some people react badly to Latisse. Irritated eyes, discoloration of the eyelids, and even a change in eye color, which is permanent, are the side effects that some people have with Latisse. The first two are temporary, the third isn't. I personally wouldn't mind darker eyes so there's that, but if you don't want to risk that then this is a good reason not to use Latisse. Otherwise, go for it!

I am using Latisse and the moment and I really like it!!! I am only four weeks in but the difference became apparent about a week ago. My eyelashes are already looking longer and stronger!!! I know the results will only become more obvious, peaking after around 16 weeks of use, so I am really excited to see the final results. I have not had any side effects people are talking about, by the way, so don't assume that you will definitely get pigment changes on your skin around the eyes, because it didn't happen to me. Highly recommended!!!

I'm considering Careprost/Latisse for my eyebrows at the minute. I know that's not what it's made for strictly speaking, but I've heard that many folks use it that way really successfully, and I'm getting so fed up with my poor overwaxed brows that just ain't growing back. I want full brows, dammit! As to whether Latisse actually works, yeah, it definitely does. I've not read one person say that they used it and had nothing happen in the way of hair growth. Can't say the same for castor oil, which I tried and gave up on. So I'd have no qualms whatsoever about using Latisse/Careprost on my eyelashes. 

Celebrity

Does Latisse really work? Yes, it really works. I have absolutely no doubt about that. Latisse was FDA approved as a treatment for longer eyelashes in people who have insufficient lashes, which means it is safe and the claims it makes are proven to be true. Otherwise, the FDA does not approve a product. 

The manufacturer, on its website, warns that uses should only ever apply Latisse to the margins of their eyelids, in order words to the lash line, and should never apply the product all over the eyelashes. They also warn that people using LUMIGAN or other eye medications should only use Latisse when monitored by their physician closely. They additionally do tell you that you have the potential of developing darkening of the iris, which can be permanent, if you use Latisse. 

Hope that helps. 

Rosie

I am using Latisse at the moment. It very much looks like I am preaching to the choir here, but it is worth repeating in case the message did not get through yet. Latisse really works! I am so happy with it! I had ridiculously short lashes as long as I could remember and I am finally able to use just mascara rather than relying on false eyelashes all the time. It does take a few months to see final results, but I am so happy I stuck with it and I had no adverse effects either. Just stop agonizing over this and ask for Latisse. You will be so happy.

I used Latisse for three months. During that whole time, it did absolutely nothing to lengthen my eyelashes. I know that lots of people are satisfied with Latisse — that is why I started using it, because I was convinced that it would work on my eyelashes for sure! But it didn't. I asked about this and got the response that yes, Latisse works for most people but there are rare people who don't get results after using Latisse. I am now resigned to using false eyelashes all my life or accepting short eyelashes. Oh well.

By all means try it but do know that you may turn out like me as well, disappointed.