i have plucked my eyebrows and now stopped. but i used to have long thick eyelashes that i liked and my parents and now there are hardly there. will they grow back in like 2-4 weeks since i've got fine hair? will they be as thick as they used to? i'm really worried cuz i don't use makeup and i haven't bought fake eyelashes and if i do then my parents will want me to not put them on.

You shouldn't pluck your eyelashes. Most people who do that have this disorder called Trichotillomania, the disease of hair pulling. A LOT of people have this, it is not as uncommon as people think.

Yes your eyelashes will grow back but dont touch them!! Eyelashe hairs are made to last for up to 14 days, then they fall out and new ones grow in, but if you keep pulling the same ones, they will grow back slower and slower each time.

Its like your eyebrows, if you keep plucking the exact same hair for a long time it will stop growing, so be careful.

I am not saying that you suffer from Trichotillomania, but if you do, do research on it. It for sure helped me. Just knowing about it helps you heal. It's always good to do research on things you think or that you do suffer from.

Your lashes might be as thick as before but not likely, they will be thinner, and there will be less of them, but they will grow back and your eyes will look like they have never been touched, just don't touch your eyelashes anymore and eventually everything will go back to exactly how it was, just give it time. I hope this helped, and good luck.

I am 13 years old, and I had a bad habit of plucking out my eyelashes. I started this about 1/2 months ago, and they are growing back. I am so releived. eyelashes do grow back. They are about halfway, if not 3 quarters done growing. When I did this, I thought I was the only one, and I cried one night thinking how stupid I was to do this. Luckily, I have quit the habit and I feel so much better now that I know that other people know what it's like.

im having problems with my eyelashes i cut the tips of my eyelashes cause i thought like when u cut your hair your eyelashes well grow back and its been 4 to 5 months now and they have not been growing at all. Then i thought i should try plucking them and now its been about 2 months and they still haven't grown! And it makes me depressed just looking at my eyelashes cause they use to be so long and i dont even like looking in the mirror anymore and now my eyebrows are having problems too! I dont know what to do i need help!  :'(    

im having problems with my eyelashes i cut the tips of my eyelashes cause i thought like when u cut your hair your eyelashes well grow back and its been 4 to 5 months now and they have not been growing at all. Then i thought i should try plucking them and now its been about 2 months and they still haven't grown! And it makes me depressed just looking at my eyelashes cause they use to be so long and i dont even like looking in the mirror anymore and now my eyebrows are having problems too! I dont know what to do i need help! :'(

Eyelashes grow back, it takes about 8 weeks for them to completely grow back. However you should look into the fact that you may have Trichotillomania, which is a condition that makes you pull your eyelashes out. I had it for years, and didn't realise that it's an actual condition and you have to get treatment to solve it. I recommend going to

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

and getting their manual and eyelash growth oil. Just make sure to get help as early as possible.