I lost my virginity to my boyfriend on June 9th.  We had unprotected oral and vaginal sex.  I am 24, so please don't lecture me and please don't make any comments about my age.  

About 3 days later, I started to experience a burning sensation in my vagina and a fishy smell (which only lasted about 3 days).  Once the burning went on for a week, I went to the doctor and she did a pelvic exam and ran a full STD panel that included bloodwork since my boyfriend was not a virgin.  It wasn't clear to her what I had since burning was my only consistent symptom so she gave me 1000 mg azithromycin (taken as a single dose) since she did notice that my cervix was inflamed.

I didn't notice any improvement after taking the azithromycin, so I went back and she did another exam.  This time, some yeast was observed on my slides so she prescribed Diflucan.

It's now July 16th (about a week since my last treatment), and my vagina is still burning.  The burning is not consistent, so I have good days and bad days.  Last night the burning kept me awake for the first time. Before I saw my doctor I thought it was bacterial vaginosis, but a whiff test has been done on my slides twice now and both times the result was negative.  I also considered the possibility of a UTI, but I don't have any additional pain or discomfort when I pee.  Except for the fishy smell that lasted a few days, vaginal burning has been my one and only symptom.

Any ideas/thoughts?  Not sure if this matters, but I have been on the pill for about 10 years now.

i had the same thing as you and its probably is the yeast infection that was not cleared up the whole way! have u had a pap done?