every now and then I notice this clear slimy like discharge from my vagina when I wipe. Its not during before or after my period, I do not have any std's, I was diagnosed with a very small ovarian cyst but apart from that am clear in every other manner. The discharge does not smell, is not wet to touch and feels like gel. Its of a fair size (enough to make me worry) does anyone know the cause? Im currently not sexually active, its been 2 years since I last had intercourse.

I reckon you have nothing to worry about considering you have no sex life and no STD’s. Every other discharge would be considered normal especially because there is no smell, or itchiness present.

You said it happens every now and then…is it possible that you have this excessive discharge during ovulation. Because estrogen makes this excessive mucus during ovulation, so that the semen could go in smoothly and meet the released egg.

Another possible reason of excessive discharge is candida albicans. It is a fungus that normally lives on our skin or inside vagina but the amounts can grow due to immunity fall after antibiotic treatment, or excessive washing, douching and stuff like that. But I think you don’t have candida because you will be more irritated by bad odor, itchiness, redness, etc

If you are still worried, it would be best to have it checked because it is really impossible to say without examining it.

Usually a clear eggy type discharge is found in the middle of the cycle, this is during ovulation that you sometimes get this discharge, meaning if you do NOT want to get pregnant, do NOT have unprotected sex around this time of the month!! It is absolutely nothing to worry about and nothing abnormal at all!!!