is there sperm in precome? Can you get pregnant from precum

You know, the people on this forum like to debate this a bunch. But here's my two cents.

The "pull out" method doesn't work fullproof. Now, what that is is when the guy puts his penis in but pulls it out before he comes. So there would be precome in the girl but not come. Why would this not work? Sometimes the guy would come because he "couldn't help it" or the precome does have some sperm in it.

Anyways, let me direct you to this forum post.
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/pre-cum-pregnancy-yes&hpr=Pre_cum___Pregnancy__YES____

Pre-ejaculate (sometimes called "pre-cum") is fluid released by the Cowper's glands, which are two small glands along the male reproductive/urinary tract. This fluid helps to neutralize the otherwise acidic environment of the urethra and, as such, offers protection to sperm that might soon travel that route via ejaculation. The fluid is clear and, in some but not all men, is visible at the tip of the penis during sexual arousal.

Sexuality and health educators often warn individuals that pre-ejaculate might have sperm in it and thus could cause a pregnancy. Theoretically this is true, as there might be sperm that are still "left over" in the urethra from a previous ejaculation earlier that day or earlier in that same sexual session (either because of masturbation or sexual activity with a partner). Thus if sperm are "left over" in the urethra and then a man's Cowper's glands release pre-ejaculatory fluid, and it comes forth to the tip of the penis during arousal, then there is a chance that some sperm could be carried in this fluid and get into his partner's body, if they are having intercourse without a condom.

That said, research that has examined the content of pre-ejaculatory fluid has rarely found sperm present in it. This does not mean that sperm is never present in pre-ejaculatory fluid; it just means that it does not appear to typically be present. In your case, since your boyfriend did not ejaculate in the days before your encounter, it is unlikely there were any sperm "left over" in his urethra. We can assume that though he did not ejaculate in the days before your sexual encounter, he probably did urinate, thus likely clearing his urethra of any sperm. However, if you would like more certainty, consider getting a pregnancy test through your campus health center or a local family planning clinic.

It is important to note that infectious agents (including HIV) can be present in pre-ejaculate. Therefore it is still a good idea to use a condom in order to reduce the risk of infections that are transmitted through fluids, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV.

Even when it turns out that the likelihood of an unintended pregnancy is low, pregnancy scares often make couples consider their choices with more seriousness. This might be a good time to talk about how to keep things from going "too far" from where you feel comfortable. What might make future romantic encounters comfortable? Should you both start carrying condoms? Do you want to engage in certain behaviors and avoid others? What feels right to you given your age, experience, values and feelings for each other? Thinking and talking through these points can help you figure out more about how you want to lead your relationship. Good luck.
savestheday00 wrote:

is there sperm in precome?

okay, i was wondering can you get pregnant by pre-ejaculate?

my boyfriend and i have been using the pull method for about 5 months and nothing has happen i have regular periods and everything. . but i just heard you can and then again i have heard you cant and i was wondering which one is true

Any time you have unprotected sex, you will automatically run the risk of getting pregnant.
You will notice all over this forum the "great debate" regarding pregnancy with pre cum. There is also a "sticky" for you to check out.

Pulling out is really not a method of birth control and really shouldn't be used as such. You have been lucky to this point. One has to have a strong constitution to "pull out" at that right moment and even a tiny bit of ejaculate at the exact moment can lead to pregnancy.

If your bf has ejaculated prior to having intercourse with you, maybe thru masterbation or another means, then proceeds to have unprotected sex again, there will be live sperm left over in his pre cum. Proper clean up and urination will help eliminate that.

I don't feel confident saying that you can not get pregnant thru pre cum.
I was 16 when i got pregnant the first time and me and my bf always used this so called pull out thing. I chose not to have the baby. At 16, i was dumb and always "turned on". I did not learn and got pregnant again a few months later, but i swear he didn't cum inside me....right!!! Once again, this pull out c**p failed me.
I finally woke up and got on some bc.

Your playing Russian Roulette with your body. Why take the chance?
If your trying to have a baby that's another story.

Precum can have sperm in it, but I think there's a greater issue to debate here. If you are using the pullout method, there is always the chance that your boyfriend can mistime it and ejaculate before he gets the chance to pull out. This happens to men a lot. Not only that, but you can come before you feel like you're going to, so why risk it? Please consider using a condom.

Anyone who is interested in the posters question will google this and receive loads of conflicting information. So I thought I would add some FACTS. Is there sperm in pre come, pre cum, pre ejactulatory fluid etc etc. For me personally the categroric answer is NO NO NO. How do I know? I bought a National Geographic Microscope (£25) from any good toy store. It has 1200x zoom plenty enough to see sperm swimming around. I would suggest if anyone is in doubt, do you own research. It is easy to put the pre cum fluid (drops of clear liquid that are released when you are aroused) on to a slide and have a look. Do not get this confused with ejaculating. There is a fine line, I would suggest you practice on your OWN to get to know your own body and feelings, control levels and what comes out the end of your penis and when. There is no sperm in the pre cum. I have checked this on 3 seperate occasions and 3 times within those occasions. On the exact same focus and magnification level I then checked a proper ejaculation and guess what, millions of sperm swimming around!

I am not making any comments on safe sex etc etc, merely answering the original posters question as there are many uninformed comments made on various websites about this subject. I would stress that for whatever reason you need to know the answer to this question my results are based on a very good understanding of how my body works!! If you are drunk or inexperienced etc etc I would suggest the level of control you have may be reduced, maybe significantly.

Also bear in mind that there could well be sperm left in the urethra after 1 ejaculation, any pre cum after that could well contain sperm. Urinating it seems does expel these as I have also checked the results under a microscope. Why there have been no proper studies into this is beyond me, I suspect it is because medical professionals do not trust men to be responsible about withdrawing in time to prevent pregnancy (obviously there are other very good reasons to use contraception to prevent STDs, not just pregnancy) and they make a fortune from contraceptives. It is therefore easier to say that pre cum may contain sperm. I personally believe if you get very good at the withdrawal method it gives men much more control over conception.

If anyone else can concur with my findings please post your own research here. I hope you find this information useful.

what if the condom breaks as you enter. and arent in there very far, but not sure if its pre come or condom lubrication on the end of your penis

Yes, pre-cum CAN have sperm, but it does not contain near as much as semen does.

everyone keeps talking about the timing. it's not like the guy needs to pull out 1 ms before he cums. If you feel like you might cum pretty soon, pull out and jerk yourself off for a few seconds and cum on this girls tits. I used this method for a year and it worked great!

I have a question,

i was at my boyfriends house and we were making out and we wanted to see how it would feel like to put his penis inside me to see how it felt without a condom. he entered for a little while, probably just around 5 seconds to get the feel and pulled out. i am worried that there might have been precum inside. i checked his penis before putting it inside to make sure there wasnt precum in the beginning whie putting it in. he did say he ejaculated the day before in the morning while masterbating and urinated several times after that. ( this all happened later in the evening the next day ) I am just worried because if he did precum in that time, would there be sperm in it.

caritabonita25... what eneded up happening.. similar circumstances with me..?

So my bf had precum on his hands for like 30 min and then he fingered me.. is it possible for me to get pregnant??

no , because it has been sitting for a bit in room temperature ; now if it was frozen that's a different story .

I have a question.
Me and my girlfriend had sex a couple weeks ago, and we did not use a condom. We only did it for no more than like 2 or 3 minutes cause my parents were home and we didnt want to get caught. I did not ejaculate or 'Go all the way' and ive heard that its possible to get pregnant off pre-cum and its had me pretty worried. Is it possible that she'll become pregnant? Id also add that it was my first time and im not sure if that increases the chance? or not. She also used the restroom after we did and maybe that decreases the chance? im not sure, please respond