OMG I totally get it!! Your last line...I said that EXACTLY just this evening! Hang in there we will get better!!!

I would tell the doctor that if it were a simple case of the flu, I would have gotten over it, wouldn't I? The CDC has finally listed "stealth viruses" on their website. This is a virus that adapts to our immune system so you never get over it, your body can't kill it. They need to develop a vaccine to do just that-kill it. In the meantime, you eat healthy, try to exercise when you can, and treat the symptoms and try to have some kind of life. I know 7 people who all became infected with a CMV virus 9 years ago while helping someone move. All 7 are still sick.

This site is amazing. I too, have all these symptoms. Bloating, gurgly tummy,fatigue, mild sore throats, nasal drip blocked head, joint pain s. Some days I feel better but not often and if I over exert by doing a bit of gardening, within an hour, all the aches return and even my fingers swell up .For the rest of the day, I am back to square one. Feeling flu like and good for nothing. Honestly, I cannot remember feeling truly well for over 4 years. I do have auto immune. Tests revealed show smooth muscle anti bodies and also have diverticulitis which is controlled by diet. I don't eat wheat which helps,but doesn't cure. Before I stopped wheat, I was far worse and slept more than I was awake. Now I function and work but am still living with fatigue and generally unwell. Just have to live with it. This site has proved to me that I'm not going crazy and it's a real thing going on.. My sympathy goes out to all the fellow sufferers out there for sure

well i have been sick for months too. all blood tests come back normal. i have extreme fatigue on most days although sometimes i do perk up, migraines a couple of times a week, slight sore throat, off and on slight fever, aches and pains. a cold seems to come on for a few days and then leaves. i also had a chest cold for which i did get anti biotics. i work part time, every second weekend and if i work one day, i'm not well the next. what a mess. i don't know what to do. i used to be a fun person and it makes me very sad.....

also want to mention that i was diagnosed with breast cancer last october; had a lumptectomy and radiation and all seemed well until this happened. might be connected. stress on my mind and body?

I am having almost exactly the same thing, except that I can't work....I am that weak...so I am glad you shared your story...What did you do to regain your strength?? Thank You...Debbie

me and my friend have had similar symptoms for 6 weeks started with stomach vomiting and diarrhea now it's morphed to the head lots of head pressure and mental ill symptoms that are making us feel crazy like really crazy blood work and catscans are clear we are very scared

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

viruses what pains. Mine is exactly the same.It started with dizziness and nausea.Then the fever and slightly swollen glands in the neck now stomach cramps and constant feeling sick,loss of appetite ans swollen tummy but not feeling as i need to go to the bathroom. I have talen a laxative to see if this helps.I also feel so tired an lethargic but cant sleep,3rd day in feeling slightly better but this is the 1st time i have been sick for over 1 year

OMG, yes. I have not had a fever, but body aches and tenderness and debilitating chills along with a loss of taste. Thought it had run its course but now seems to have returned with a new symptom - ear aches. Six months?

Hi, it's probably not much help what I have to say but for the last 7wks I have been unwell also with a so called virus, it started with a chest infection which followed with a sinus infection along with an ear infection having had all 3 at the same time now for a consistent 5wks, ive been given two different types of Antibiotics which have done zero to help but just as I get a good day I follow with more bad days. Nothing seems to ease it and im consistently blocked up so sleeping is intermittent and walk the house in the dead of night to try and make sense of what ive got. hope to see the end of it soon, but not holding out much hope.

1/5/2015 I've had the same symptoms for two months and still not 100%. Better, but still tired and cough off and on. Been unable to function. Spent entire time in bed. Don't have a job have to go too, thank goodness. Wonder why some of us get a virus and can't get over and others either don't get or get and get over quickly. Only thing that makes sense to me is we must have weak immune systems.

I got sick Oct of last year with a bad virus. Then came the strep and starting feeling better and every time it seem like I'm over it it come back. Feeling sick. Upset stomach. Can't eat and don't really feel like doing anything. The doctor just said a bad virus and I will get better but when??

This is almost exactly what I am going through, started first with nausea, diarrhea, then nasal symptoms than a week later a cough. At 3 weeks lost my voice for 5 days, severe tonsil pain one one side, lasted until week 4 than severe pain in other side. Persistent cough comes and goes. Sinus congestion, runny nose alternating. Aches, pains, fatigue. Have missed 3 days of work, shown up late to work, spent the last 3 weekends in bed. Thought maybe multiple flus back to back

Rest and fluids. You ppl will never get better without the basics to fight viruses. Limit your trip to stores and out because there are about 600 different types of viruses and you just pile another one on top of the what you are fighting. Unfortunatly when you go out you give someone else your strain they give you theirs. It really is very simple, rest, fluids and stay home much as you can other than work. Try it you will see I'm right.

Same thing here.  I get better when I take antibiotics but then it just comes back.  Sore throat, sinus pain/headaches, jaw spasms, neck spasms.  There is also a coating on my skin.  My eyes feel infected.  Tried amoxillicin, does not work.  Prednezone, steriods do work for a while.  New sore throat again.  Tried irrigating with a combo of borax, salt, and magnesium salts, which gives relief.  I recently got bit by gnats, which is probably unrelated but they are really big bites.  Here is the thing, everyone has it that I know in my family.  They all have the headaches and the lack of symptions during antibiotic therapy and then it comes back.  My doctor told me he did not see any inflamation, which I had taken medication for.  It just seems to linger.