Hi, during this winter I have put on a few extra pounds that I can't get rid off. That is why I have decided to start to work out. Since I have never exercised before, I have decided to do this at my own home with the help of a workout video. This is a kind of aerobic class. I do these exercises every second day. However, I feel that this is not enough and that I will not lose these pounds with just this WorkOut plan. Do you have any thoughts on how I could improve my WorkOut plan?

Hi, while I was reading your post I had the feeling like I have written it myself. I have noticed that as the years go by it is getting easier for me to put on the pounds than it is to get rid of them. And because of this last year I have also decided to do something about it. I have bought the workout program CD thinking that it is better to do the exercises in the privacy of my own home, than to get myself embarrassed in front of strangers in the gym. I have followed the program precisely, but the results were not visible. After few months I was devastated. That is when I have decided to get over my embarrassment issues and join a gym. This was the smartest decision I have made and this is why. First of all, when you workout at home, you are putting yourself at risk of getting seriously injured. I am not saying that you cannot get injured at the gym, but since there is always an instructor present, the chances are much lower. Secondly, when you are doing the exercises at home, you can never see if you are doing them correctly, that is unless you have a wall to wall mirror. But when you are at the gym, the instructor can always point out the mistakes you might be making. And if the exercise is not done correctly, it is worse that if you hadn't done it at all. And finally, and most importantly, there is no way for you to lose weight without a good diet. Starving yourself is not a solution, but a well balanced diet is. The trainer at the gym could help you with that too. I have achieved my desired weight with these changes in my workout program. I hope you will find this post useful.