Hi, I have been going to aerobic classes for two weeks. I have never worked out before and I have trouble with keeping up with the program. I often have to pull the last atom of strength to finish the session. And some of the exercises are so difficult. Do I have to do them even though I am not comfortable with them? Should I follow the instructor’s directions to the letter?

Hi, gudgeoning from what you have told me I have come to the conclusion that you have to change your aerobic class as soon as possible. You don't have a responsible aerobic instructor. During the class a good and responsible instructor always emphasizes that you don't have to do all the takes. You can repeat the exercise as long as you don't start to feel pain. Also every exercise has easier and harder way that it can be done. A good instructor will always show both ways so you can choose the one that suits you more. And if the exercise is still hard you don’t have to do it until you get strong enough.