Hi, I am a twenty eight years old woman. I never had weight problem in my life and therefore I never exercised. But now, as the years go by, I notice that some of my muscles are losing their tonus. I would like to shape up but without building up. Some of my friends go to aerobic classes and are very happy with the results. I wonder if aerobics is the thing for me. Will my body get firm with this kind of workout?

Hi, aerobic is a whole body workout program. These kinds of exercises are among the healthiest. The reason for this is: while you work out you use a lot of oxygen. This is important because oxygen improves your lungs capacity and your heart will get healthier. During aerobics all important muscle groups are activated. You will shape and firm them without building them up. You will enjoy it even more if you workout in a group. Also it would be better if you workout in a gym where the instructor can monitor your activities and correct you if you aren't doing something right. Aerobics is an excellent way to achieve your goal so go for it!