Good evening everyone, I have been reading alot about people that have been on methadone and how they are doing weaning off of it,  Well let me begin by telling you my story.  March 2012 i had an operation the doctor prescribed me Tylenol 3 of course that did not help with the pain, so someone i knew decided to offer me a perc lucky me (NOT)  biggest mistake of my life, at the time I had just had the operation, my husbands father moved into our building (95)yrs old, - we have the responsibility of watching over him, I was a District Manager for 14 Stores, and I just found out my 16 year old son's girlfriend was 4 months pregnant. Well to make things easier for me i started to eat more and more percs everyday to the point that i got up to 18 or more a day i started to loose count, Then about 3 months later of being hooked on perc's running out of them and going through 2 days of withdrawl (HELL) I told my wonderful husband of 21 years who stayed up with me through that tormenting time tried to help me through the withdrawls but of course nothing would help i wanted to just die, Until someone came over and saved the day with 2 percs to take away the withdrawls oh i felt so much better physically but mentally i was beating myself up, in the mean time my husband father passed away and the company i was working for went bankrupt, so just to recap here i am dealing with a funeral, along with loosing my job, hooked on percs, going through withdrawl and trying to figure out where i went wrong with my son and why he would want to be a father at such a young age. I LOST IT i had a nervous breakdown i couldnt speak with anyone without crying i was sad all the time so i had heard about methadone from someone on knew that was on it for almost 2 years and told me that it saved her life, i had decided to read up on it of course you read good things and you read bad things very confusing you really dont know what to believe so i decided to go to the clinic in my area and find out what the best route for me was, i wish i had just been able to stick out the withdrawls from the percs instead of getting on the methadone program, i have to say yes it did help me get off the percocet, and i will never ever touch another one again or any other opiate for that matter, the most methadone dose i got up to was 25 mgs I have only been on it since June 21st 2012, i chose to start weening my self down about a month and a half ago, i am down to 13 mgs a day and i hit a WALL, i see my doctor every wednesday and last wednesday was when i went down to 13 from 14 i am doing 1 mgs a week which i thought is nice and slow and i really should not feel any withdrawl from it the doctor agreed said i should be fine, well Monday that just passed is when it hit, i felt like i was 150 degrees, i was sweating and irritated and very uncomfortable it subsided yesterday and today, but today when i went to see the doctor he said he wants me to stay on 13 for 1 more week if i am feeling like that he doesnt want me going through the withdrawls and neither do I, the hardest part is depression, i am beating myself up over this every day why in the world did i touch percs why was i so stupid, i feel like if i had 10,000.00 right now to go through a 4 day detox in a medical facility i would, this process is so slow, i am questioning everything around me now the depression is ridiculous i am back to crying on a whim, i can't control it my doctor suggested that my family doctor put me on lorazapam to help me get through the anxiety I am already on Well butran for the depression but the only thing that has done for me is bring my sex drive back, (STAY AWAY FROM CIPRALEX IT TAKES AWAY YOUR SEX DRIVE), so i am on here telling my story because i want someone to talk to people that can understand exactly how i am feeling and what i am going through sure my husband is my best friend and he talks to me and lets me know how much he supports me and loves me and is there for me 100% but he doesnt know what i am feeling inside the depression that i am going through is overwhelming and the funny thing is I was not the person that was like this i was the happy go lucky one always bringing people up when they felt unhappy i loved making people laugh and joking around, i feel i have lost myself i hate it i don't want to feel like this anymore i want to be me again........

I do not see another post from you, how are you doing? I am in a similar situation and would like to hear how it is going for you.