I have had the mirena iud in since october 2008..since then i have gained 15-20lbs that i cant loose..
will having the iud removed make it easier to loose weight????

Well, probably it will make it easier to loose weight if the IUD was the cause of weight gain. You'll probably need to regulate your diet and all unhealthy habits to make it faster. Once I lost 12 kg in less than two months, I was on UN diet. So you can read about it on the internet if you're interested in dieting. God luck! :-)

Hi there,
I think that many have problems with Mirena IUD and the main problem is often the weight gain. Do you have any opther side effects from Mirena IUD? There are good chances that you will feel much better when your Mirena IUD is removed. Can you tell me more about your diet? I know that Mirena IUD causes weight gain and in most cases it is hard to control this issue. You can also talk to your doctor about this and see what he has to say. The procedure of removing will sting a little bit but you shouldn’t have any more complications. I hope that this helped you in any way.
All the best,
Danella