Hello! I have been a passionate smoker for 14 years. Recently a close member of my family died of a lung cancer and that shocking experience made me determined to quit smoking. I plan to quit smoking but it is not going to be easy because I was taking very high amounts of nicotine. I suppose that I will often feel crisis and anxiety and tat my body fill fight me. Should I use any vitamin supplements? What else can I do to ease the transition?

Hello! I am sorry for your relative; I have also quit smoking for similar reasons. It was very hard but I was persistent. I took vitamin B 12 also, and it helped me relax and fight the anxiety attacks. I also used nicotine patches. Jitters and anxiety present from the withdrawal symptoms can also be treated by the use of an anti-anxiety herb called the kava. And don’t worry- the symptoms usually disappear within a month from the date of quitting. Just relax as much as you can and do the things you love doing, that helps too.

Hi! I agree that vitamin B 12 is good but it is better to take B complex since all the B vitamins are good. Also take a lot of vitamin C it fights the free radicals that are going to be released into your body. You need to take 6000mg per day! I also went to acupuncture sessions to relieve the stress and anxiety. Physical exercise is great for stress too but it can also reduce the cravings for the nicotine. Just be persistent, it pays off greatly.