Hi, most of my friends workout. They all want to be thin and firm and tight. I think that they have been all brained washed. The modern society imposes insane beauty standards that we have to follow if we want to be accepted by our community. And having a great body is one of these standards. I refuse to be a slave to this way of thinking. I believe that working out has its benefits. The manufactures of sporting goods and gym owners surely feel those benefits. What about everyday people? What benefits do they have from fitness?

Hi, I agree with you to some point. Society really imposes beauty standards that are hard to keep up with. But working out is not a new thing that the rich have invented to become more rich. People have always been working out. The only difference is that now we have an expansion of working out programs. Believe me people do benefit from exercise. Working out regularly helps you to maintain a normal body weight, it strengthens your muscles and bones, when you exercise you learn to breath properly, your blood flows faster bringing more oxygen to your cells. It has been proven that people who exercise are more relaxed and handle stressful situations better. All in all working out will prolong your life.