Hey everyone. For a few days I am reading about this raw food diet for cats. I don’t know much about it, since I have a cat for four years and three months, and I was feeding her with everything that she wanted to eat. She was eating my lunch, she was eating bread, and now I don’t know is this a mistake. I have heard that there are a lot of benefits of raw food, and I really hope that you can tell me more about this, because I don’t know.

I want to feed my cat with this food as well. 

It is really bad idea feeding your cat with everything, especially because we all do know that cats are not so picky. I am glad that you are consider to feed your cat with raw food diet, because I am pretty sure that this is the best choice. Yes, there are so many benefits, and the most important thing is that you cat will be healthier, she will be more active, she will have healthier teeth as well.  Her gums will be healthy as well. As you can see, there are so many benefits, and I am sure that you cat will be happy.  

If you are considering to switch your cat to the raw food, I think that this would be the best choice ever. But, of course, you should be careful, because you know that your pet can get some bacteria as well. So, my recommendation for you is – try to buy raw, fresh food from someone that you know. About the benefits, there are a lot of them, and actually they are really good for your cat’s health. She will be vital, her coat will be better, her oral health is going to be perfect…there are really so many reasons.

Good luck!

I said it once on another thread; you must remember that cats are predators, just like their siblings, lions and tigers. That’s why they need raw meat in their nutrition.

That meal plan brings them better digestion and better urinary health followed by balanced weight, increased energy and fewer hairballs (positive side-effect of less shedding).

In cat’s nature is to eat raw food and that’s pretty obvious. I am pretty sure you will see benefits of this eating plan in no time. Just give your cat a little time, because they tend to be picky. But, you will learn what she likes and feed her according to that. 

I totally agree with you – in cat’s nature is to eat raw food, not cooked, not fried, or something like this. No way. And, this is something that you should consider every time when you want to feed your cat with some lunch that you were eating. I am one of those cat’s owner who was skeptical about raw food, but I am not anymore. I really take care of all those groceries that I am giving to my cat and she is healthy. I can see that she is more active when she eats than before.

Benefits are numerous! 

The main reason why this is so beneficial is that it imitates their natural feeding system. Over the years both cats and dogs were used to eat raw meat and bones.That is why feeding both your dogs and your cats with raw food is beneficial in so many ways.You will notice improved digestion.  Stool odor and volume will be greatly reduced. 

You will also notice less shedding and fewer hairballs. Your cat’s energy will be increased. It also

affects dental health (in a good way of course). 

Some owners say that this type of diet also affects urinary health in their cats.

There are plenty of health benefits for cats if they are fed this way. As someone nicely noticed earlier – cats, just like their siblings are predators so they ate just raw food before they became humans’ pets. Because of that, their bodies are “designed” to use nutrients from raw food. Their digestive system also prefers raw foods.

Because all of these reasons I think your cat will be grateful when you start giving her this kind of foods. Her teeth will become stronger, hair more shiny, and she will have much more energy. You can make her raw foods at home or you can buy in local supermarkets.

I don’t see that anyone here mentioned one thing about the raw foods that is also very important:

Hell, cats adore fresh raw food. :D Everyone who has a cat or cats for  pets  can tell you that. This kind of food is the most natural way of feeding cats and that’s the main reason why they love it so much. I swear my cat smiles every time I give her my special “chicken-tuna” mix. :)

So that is also one of the benefits of raw food, cats are enjoying it and I believe that is very important for everyone who has a cat. We all want our cats to be happy, right?