Hi, folks. My kid has started with cardiovascular fitness. He is 18 years old and healthy, so I am not really sure why he does this. I would like to know if this fitness has some longterm benefits. I will really appreciate all your replies to my post. Thanks for all. Bye!

Hello. It is excellent that your kid started thinking of his health at this age. There are some proofs that atherosclerosis plaques are formed in childhood, although symptoms appear after 40's or 50's. Atherosclerosis is the main thing which is responsible for heart diseases such as heart attack is. Cardiovascular fitness is an excellent to strengthen heart muscle. There is also a less possibility for forming plaques. Fitness is also great for weight balance which is important in both healthy and aesthetic way. Working out also has benefits for better mood and prevents depression. I would consider all these benefits as longterm. I don't know if you agree with me. Bye!