New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

Please tell me what the symptoms of gall bladder problems are? What can induce gall bladder dysfunction? It happens to me to feel dull pain at the right side of low stomach. I’m not sure about it, and just am suspicious if it may be gall bladder disease.

Gall bladder is located in upper part of right side of abdomen. Some of the causes of gall bladder problems are consumption of fatty foods, hormonal changes that happen in pregnancy, there are some types of blood disorders that can affect gall bladder.
Pain in upper part of abdomen is characteristic in gall bladder disease and associated to indigestion, nausea and vomiting attacks. As you complained on pain in low stomach, it may be caused by ovarian inflammation, I guess.

crummey wrote:

I had gall bladder problems for 5 years before the doctors figured out what was wrong w/ me! They kept telling me I was having gas. I felt like I was having a heart attack. It was awful!!! I would be up all night long sometimes. My gall bladder attack was right below my chest in the middle. At the top (in between) my ribs.

hcarroll did you have your gallbladder removed to relieve your symptoms? I have the same pains and have had all the heart tests, endoscopy, and ultrasound and they are all "normal". It's been very bad the past month and am living on very little food.

hcarroll wrote:

crummey wrote:

Celadrin
Celadrin is a unique formulation of esterified (stable) fatty acids that has been shown to reduce certain effects related to pronounced inflammatory processes that can occur in the body.

Just wondering if anyone has similar problems as me. I had my gall bladder out 2 weeks ago, and felt ok after. Now I have pain at two incision sites, and bloating. I have been up all night with no real releif.

get in touch with your doctor right away it sounds like you may have an infection. My son was just tested for gallblader problems but we do not have the results yet. Good luck to you.

Is this a gallbladder attack?

This has happened atleast 6 times in the past 1 and 1/2 years. My stomache hurts horribly, rolling cramps and sharp stabbing pains in the middle-right side of my abdomen. Accompanied by severe middle back pain. This pain incapacitates my physically. I also have nausea and I usually throw up violently with eventually dry heaves, diarrhea is always present during these attacks. I get the chills and feel feverish.

These attacks last from 4-6 hours. I have not noticed any certain foods, drinks, or situations that bring the attacks on. I am at a loss.

Usually I am healthy. I am active and rarely sick. The fact that these attacks are so violent has frightened me. I have no health insurance other the the local Indian (native american) Health Services doctors.

I dont fully understand gall bladder problems. I've been having this white substance discharge and Im confused should I be concerned.

I had galstones 14 yrs ago during a pregnancy....
I was given medication and they disloved.
symtoms were not able to digest lettuce, nothing orange(acid) would stay down, heart burn and upper right side violent pain.

I have not had problems since. several yrs later dianosed w/ acid reflux
take meds every day and seems to work. No tea, no tomatoes (ormoderation there of) anything acidic.

two pregancys later, I regurgitate everything. no mater the food or the
amount of food. Second pregancy a year ago resulted in miscarraige.
As of today went for ultrasound on the galblader. results next week.

do wonder if miscarraige result from this?
galbladder surgery?

Try Sodium Bi-carbonate, available over the counter at most chemists.

Some people get massive pains on right side and think its gallbladder and put up with it.

Sometimes its just bloating from indigestion and Sodium Bi-carbonate actually disolves the excess acid.

I sufferred from this pain for over 10 years before finding the cure to this horrible pain.

Thankfully when i over eat or get the warning signs of an attack the pain can be over within 5-15 minutes :-D

I have been having weird stomache pains. Bad ones. First my stomach bloats up & hurts where my gall bladder is. Then my lower stomache, sometimes on the left & sometimes on the right starts hurting really bad. So bad, I start sweating & can't function, can barely even move. Last week I was home vomiting for 2 days, having massive pains that just wouldn't quit. I am pretty much drinking slimfast & eating no solid foods. I went to a stomach doctor & he had me do a HIDA scan yesterday, I get the results next week. My question is, can gall bladder problems cause you such bad gas that it could fill your stomach up & make it hurt on the lower parts?

My husband has been in the ER four times in the past month with what his family doc and gastro doc have dianosed as gall bladder attacks. However, his HIDA scan levels were not out of normal range, and the surgeon he was referred to says he is not a surgical candidate. This doc was called in to the ER at 1 a.m.,. read the chart, didn't even touch my husband and made this pronouncement. They sent him home (again) and told him he needs to see his gastro. Gastro says he has run all tests he can and even though tests are not abnormal he wants him to have gallbladder out because he has continuous severe attack symptoms and he feels that this is the best option. But now that the surgeon has decreed no surgery, gastro told him to wait until next attack, go to ER and ask for another specific surgical group to consult. But if he goes to the office and they don't see him in the throes of the attack they may also turn him down and then he is out of luck because there are only two surgical groups in the area who do this surgery and once they say no he is sh*t out of luck. I am tired of spending 8-10 hours in the ER for him to get a shot of pain med that only helps for a short time and then going back to the ER in a couple of days. Last trip the family doc told him to report to the ER immediately after seeing him in his office, and we are now at wits end. He is not able to keep food down, has lost 8 lbs in 10 days, by the end of the night he is in severe pain under his rib cage on the right, is thowing up bile and sludge and has diarhea - the HIDA scan re-created all these symptoms even tho levels seemed to be OK. Now what? He does not want to keep going to the ER, I think they are looking at him as seeking pain meds, when that is not true - he just wants to get this taken care of and is being treated like a human pinball.

I have been having problems for about a year with chest tightness and pain in my left arm and shoulder, I have been hospitalized on 2 different occasions and had all the heart tests done including a heart cath...All were normal. I have alot of trouble with constipation and an upper GI says I had inflammation of the stomache and duodum. They did an ultrasound of my gallbladder and seem to think it is fine............does anybody have any ideas?

dayna73 wrote:

Dayna73,

I'm right where you are. Been to the ER twice cause I thought I was having a heart attack. It has gotten worse, where it hurts almost all the time now. Especially at night. I have to sit in a chair and it hurts so bad that I can feel my heart skipping beats. I had a stress test, arteriogram, ultra sounds, upper GI series (w/barium) and EDG (endoscopy)... Everything keeps coming out "normal". The only thing that has been found is the inflamation of my duodenum. I just want it to end. I have a HIDA scan scheduled this week, we'll see how that comes out. Let me know what you've found out with yourself, if anything.

DJ72