Twelve men from Bay Area were arrested for cultivation and distribution charges over marijuana candy bars and sodas seized this month at the Compassionate Caregivers medicinal marijuana dispensary in Los Angeles.

The products they made had slightly off-brand names such as Keef Kat, Toka-Cola, Stoney Ranchers, Trippy peanut butter and Pot Tarts and were packaged to resemble the legitimate brands.
Marijuana was approved to be used for medical reasons in California but these products resemble ordinary candies that there is a risk that they could fall into the hands of children and have tragic consequences.

The selling was not limited to the LA area but the candies and sodas were also found in other dispensaries throughout the state.
In the main suspect’s home, federal drug agents found hundreds of the candy bars and sodas, as well as $100,000 in cash and more than 4,000 marijuana plants.
Him and the other eleven men are imprisoned with no right for bail.

National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws criticized the arrest and said that there are many people out there who are depending on marijuana products for their health and welfare.

good for law enforcement....marijuana is not medicine...it is an extremely dangerous substance...I am here to tell you that marijuana is extremely addictive. I am 46 years old, been smoking daily since age 14. I have never gone more than 60 days in my adult life not smoking pot, and most of the time it is morning bong hit upon waking up, and then smoking every 2 hours or so, to late night bong hit just before bed. I have suffered financially, economically, psychologically, and emotionally over this very disgusting substance. I have episodes of chronic coughing and choking. I have now not smoked for 22 days and still have feelings of severe depression, anxiety, pain, and the feeling that life is just not worth living. anyone telling you marijuana is harmless is in total denial of the truth. hopefully, i will get back to a good and effective, drug free state of mind soon. peace

I'm sorry but that's typical "loser" behavior...you're blaming all of the problems in your life on weed. Why did you keep smoking it? Why didn't you do sh*t? You were just too lazy? That's the weed's fault? Why were you smoking weed? You were the problem. Many people have more than productive lives smoking weed 24/7, as I have been known to do.

I like to cut it down for periods of time though. I'm high as the sky right now and am getting a bunch of incoming payments in my bank account as we speak.

If you liked drinking you would be an alcoholic. Big deal. You still wouldn't say alcohol should be banned though, since you would be too afraid to go against society's norms. That's the kind of behavior associated with your whole sap story. Get a grip.

Interesting story about the San Fran bust. Did you know that THC has been clinically tested in patients with Alzheimer's and that it has shown to prevent the build-up of plaque on the brain that causes the disease? I do believe that there exist legitimate medical uses for using marijuana and that by criminalizing the plant we simply limit the possibilities to discover possible remedies.

It should be stated that I also feel similarly about other natural medicines like psilocybian mushrooms and the peyote found in cactus. These are powerful tools that initiated men and women have applied to physical and mental health for centuries. Although I do not consume chemical altering substances (I've been clean for 3.5 years), I do think that it's silly to regulate human curiosity and thereby make immoral what can and has been used responsibly.

To be honest every id**t that complains pot is disturbingly bad needs to take a look at life and tell me that smoking has been labled as BAD contributed to ciggarettes due to how bad those truely are, POT IS THE SAFE CIGGARETTE. everyone has there oen oppinion, but potatoe chips are bad for you, you dont try and ban those do you? seriosly if someone is smoking pot sitting on there couch there not hurting anyone, not even there health, maybe weight but deffenintly not there health, pot smoke strengthens weak lung tissue and does not cause cancer, the whole statement i just made should show u guys that pot is a miracle herb and it was made to be smoked

It isn't extremely addictive at all. You smoked DAILY for 46 YEARS! I smoke pot weekly at most, i have been doing this for about 4 years now. In those 4 years i have took 2 6 month or so breaks from not touching it. I never experienced any urges for it or anything. You abused it; for 46 years i might add, your body is used to it, OF COARSE you are going to feel withdrawal effects...