I’ve recently heard that there is a chance for baby's teeth rotting when drinking “oversugared” milk or when drinkinf a formula at nights. I have a 9 months old baby which I feed a lot. Because of all I’ve heard I am concerned about his teeth. I scrub his teeth every morning but now I’m not sure weather that alone is enough. Have you seen many cases of bottle rot and were they caused by formula or just juice? Please help!

Dear, the bacteria that cause tooth decay live on the sugar in food - the longer the sugar is in contact with the teeth, the greater the risk of decay. If the teeth are in contact with in sugar from milk, juice, formula or anything similar for a longer period of time, there is the higher risk of dental decay. On the other hand, if your baby drinks his “meal” quickly you should not worry cause the risk is minimal. Of course, the risk will decrease even more if you are cleaning his teeth regularly, which, I believe, you are already doing.