Hi. I have recently read in some newspapers that BARF diet is very healthy for cats. I feed my cat with very different kinds of food but I often give him two brands of canned food that are his favorites. However, his health isn’t so great and I am about to start feeding him with raw food. I’m thinking only raw, natural, high protein food from now on. I’ve heard that BARF diet is also great for his immune system. Is that true? Can you tell me what are the benefits of BARF diet for my cat? Thank you in advance!

Hello.
Benefits of BARF diet for cats are numerous. Cats are hunters and that means they are obligate carnivores and raw meat is essential for them. Only meat-based proteins can help them develop into fully grown adult cat.
With proper raw food diet (in this case, BARF diet) you can expect to see your cat become healthier and happier.
The main reason I switched to BARF was the weight of my cat. She started gaining too much weight and I feared she will be obese, so I immediately started raw meat feeding regime.
Five months later, both of us are satisfied with the results.

Hi, it is OK diet program, it is healthy, it is natural, and it is helpful so far. Those are just some of benefits, and according to a lot of researches, there are a numerous benefits of the BARF diet for cats. As I said before, I am for homemade raw food, but I will tell you more about benefits of BARF diet program:

• Improved digestion,
  • Reduced stool odor and volume as well,
  • Healthy coat,
  • Increased energy,
  • Weight loss, of course,
  • Better dental health,
  • Better urinary health.

I am sure that there are more benefits :)

Hey. My cat was on BARF diet program a few months ago, before I was taking care of what she eats and while I was giving her to eat literally everything and anything. She gained a lot of pounds, and she didn’t moved at all lol :) I mean, now it is funny, but it was not funny than. That is the main reason why I started BARF diet program, and the biggest benefit in this case was because my cat lost her weight very soon. She didn’t have any health problems as well, so I would recommend this diet program for you if your cat has some weight issues :)

There are so many benefits of barf, I can’t stress enough how much I admire people who use it as their main guide on how to feed their pets. For years I’ve been planning to put my cat on BARF diet plan and somehow I never did. But I still plan to do that. The only problem for me is that it is too much time consuming so when I have to work (and that’s pretty much every day for me) I don’t have enough time to prepare raw food meals.
Main benefits of barf include better digestion, stool that is less smelly, increased energy and better overall health.

I am on board with the whole raw food idea. 

I think it is beneficial in many ways. It makes sense that cats are naturally adjusted to eat raw meat and by giving them dry and canned foods, we are in a way ‘’spoiling’’ their digestive system. 

And I heard many people (who are familiar with BARF) say it enhances cats’ immune system. It provides a better life quality. Here is a list of benefits I found somewhere: 

Healthy Teeth & Breath, 

Healthy Skin & Coat,

Optimum Immune System,

Enhanced Digestion & Absorption of Nutrients, 

Degenerative Disease,

Stool Volume & Odor and

Healthy, Lean Body Mass.

Hey there, like I said before, I am for BARF diet program, because I totally do agree that this diet program is beneficial in many ways…It promotes health and it can’t be wrong. I think that all benefits are in here, I would not like to repeat, but I am definitely a witness that this diet program has benefits of better and more quality skin, coat, better oral and dental health, normal weight for your pet – I like this. My pets don’t have weight issues, but I am sure that I would try this diet in this case. Good luck! 

Hello, people! 

My Choo-Choo is really a healthy cat, we don’t have any kind of problems you mentioned where the Barf diet would help, although he eats only canned and dry food. 

But I noticed recently, when I wanted to hold him, that he is quite heavier. I really don’t want him to become one of those fat cats which we can see on the internet, I am disgusted by them, yuck. It horrifies me, really. 

I decided to put him on this diet to prevent him getting fat, he is 2 years old and maybe 10 pounds, I am not sure. So, that’s my reason to use Barf diet on my cat.