Hello. A few days ago I ran into an old friend. She always had problems with obesity, but this time, I was glad to see she got rid off all of her extra pounds. She looks both happier and healthier, and she told me that since she have lost about 50 pounds, her ankles don’t hurt anymore as they used to.

I asked her how did she achieve to lose so many pounds and she told me she followed a diet plan called of Cheater's diet.

Is anyone here familiar with this diet? Do you happen to know what are its basic principles?

I heard of this diet. It is very popular. You do it in your own. You are allowed to eat fruits and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains while on it. You will need to have three servings of fruit per day and four servings of vegetables at least.

You are encouraged to eat peanuts, low fat yogurts, eggs, and skim milk. And you should avoid alcohol, bread, white rice, potatoes, saturated fats  and sugar.

You are also encouraged to cheat on this diet. The days for cheating are Saturday and Sunday. So you can eat whatever you want all weekend long.

I am familiar with it. Regina_Phalange explained it quite well. But I will make it even more clear. The maker of this diet believes that if you cheat on your diet on weekends, it will crank up your metabolism and that way it will reverse metabolic slow down caused by restricting calories. There are no researches that back up this theory though.

You can consume: pizza, ice cream, steak, wine, beer and cinnamon bun from Saturday morning to Sunday night. Basically everything is allowed except the foods that can cause over eating.

And you are supposed to exercise twice a week.

Thank you a lot. Both of you. I didn’t have any idea how this diet looks like. Now I do. And I must admit I love the idea. I wonder how effective it is. I mean ice cream every weekend and still losing pounds? It is a bit hard to believe. It just sounds too good to be true.

I don’t know if that cheating on weekends would make it easier to follow the plan for the rest of the week, or it would make it much harder.

Nevertheless, I am going to try this diet plan and we will see how it goes. Thanks again for the information.