Hi guys

I am 16 years old and for the last two years I gained 20 pounds. I’ve never been fat, but now I can’t look at myself. At school , I am probably the fattest girl in my class. I don’t know what happened to me. My appetite is enormous. I think I could literally spend the entire day eating snacks and I still wouldn’t be full. One sandwich (that my mom prepares for me before school so I can eat it on a break) is not enough. I always have to buy pizza or pastry. If you have any tips for how to lose weight when you are a teenager, please tell me.

Hello to you You remind me so much of me when I was a young girl. I know high school can be rough. You shouldn’t worry about who is the fattest or who is the prettiest girl. One day you will finish your high school and when that happens, everybody will just remember who is the nicest and who is the smartest girl. Believe me, I’ve been there. Physical appearance will change but some things will always stay the same. I don’t have any weight loss tips for you, but you can start by feeling good in your body. Embrace it and everything is gonna work out for you.

I wasn’t planning to get involved in this discussion but then I read Mellisa8 ‘s comment and I had to throw in my two cents.

The girl is obviously over weighted and she should not embrace her body.  That’s right girl. Your appearance is less important in this story. You should be concerned about health problems that you may encounter because of your weight. So not embracing the extra pounds, but losing them.

I have a daughter about your age and I will tell you the same thing that I am telling her all the time. Change your life style. Eat only healthy food, sleep well and be active.

I totally agree with Aristotle40. You are young and it shouldn’t be a big problem for you to lose weight. I also agree with Mellisa8, you shouldn’t be miserable about it, instead, you should start working on achieving your goal. Get up early every day. Go to bed also early so you can get enough sleep. If you can choose avoid eating outside and eat home. You can tell the person who makes meals in your family to make healthy food, low fat, rich in fiber. Stop eating pizzas and pastry. Consume vegetables and fruits. The results will soon come, you’ll see.

I have found a few more tips for you. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Always eat at the table, not in some other place in the house where you can eat without being aware of how much food you consume.  Take your time while chewing food. Give your brain the time to receive the information that your stomach is full. Avoid eating junk food and buying food around your school. Try to exercise as much as you can. The best would be if you could do some exercises before breakfast. Never skip breakfast.

I hope these tips will help you.