Hello. My sister and I are about to start following The Hiller Method. We heard that it is really healthy, even our mom is on board with this idea.

We have about 30 extra pounds each, but it is not that much since we are both very tall. It sounds worse than it looks.:)

Anyway, our only problem is the food. Alex is very picky when it comes to foods. She already decided not to eat meat anymore, but me on the other hand- I cannot live without snacks and chocolate and puddings and stuff like that.

Do you happen to know what foods will we be allowed to eat while following this method?

Hi. I can see you are not very well informed about The Hiller Method, so I will try to help you.

I cannot answer your question what are you allowed or not allowed to eat while on this method simply because this method doesn’t have anything to do with what you eat, it is about how you eat it.

This method suggests that every bite needs to be chewed properly, and by properly they mean thoroughly, 20-30 times.

This makes sense since your digestion is way improved if everything  that enters your body is pulverized.

So, girls, focus on pulverizing your food, rather than on choosing.

Hello to both of you. BlueRanger, I need to say that your answer is not entirely true. First of all, The Hiller Method is ALL ABOUT choosing appropriate, healthy foods that will make your organism stronger and your body slimmer. The difference is, in other weight loss programs and methods, you are told what to eat and what not to eat. This method is letting you decide what to eat and what not. The only thing that it forces you to do, is to chew your food thoroughly . The secret is- a bite of healthy food is going to remain tasteful if you chew it  20 or 30 times, but try chewing your hamburger bite 30 times. And you will see.

Well, that is true Master22. I’ll make sure to explain it one more time to the girls since your answer sounds a bit confusing for those who don’t know a thing about this diet.

You only need to focus on chewing your food properly at the beginning. Now, when you get used to the process of pulverizing your food, you start to focus on the taste of it. You will notice that some foods, even though they’re delicious when you eat them regularly, taste a lot worse when chewed thoroughly.

You start by eliminating those foods from you menu. Later on, chewing is automatized  and you just pay attention more on choosing healthy foods that will help you lose weight.