Hey guys, so I believe that I am not the only one who did a tattoo while I was drunk...So, I did it. And I can't say that I am happy about this, since i am 37 years old, mother of two and I don't know why I needed this in my life. I know that I just went to some of those salons that are working for 24 hours and I did it. I got this paper where it says that I should do after, but of course, I've lost it. Have no idea where it is. What do you put on a tattoo after you get it done? Any idea? Help me :)

I have tons of tattoos. Well, not tons, but I have 13 of them and yes I am a female lol :)

I was always using a bepanthen cream because it helps my skin stays moisturized and that is the main thing that you need to think about when you are about to have a tattoo. Of course, so many other things are important, but you need to find a proper cream for you that you are going to use as a tattoo aftercare option. Also, don't be scared. Your tattoo artist for sure will tell you what is the best cream, if he forgot, well, you should visit him again. 

Celebrity

Hi, I also have one question about this. I want to have a tattoo as well, but of course, I am seeking for all the proper options, all the proper creams, etc. One friend of mine told me something about Vaseline, I am sure that she told me that she was using it for a tattoo after she had one. I know that Vaseline sometimes is not a good option, but I want to hear your opinion about this?

Do you know anyone who has used it? I have some Vaseline and I a planning to do a tattoo, but I am scared to apply it to my new piece of art :)

so, don't do the same mistake as I did. when I had my tattoo, I forgot this paper at my tattoo artist salon and I was really lazy to go back there and to ask him to give me this paper where it says everything, what you need to do, what do you need to use after getting a tattoo. so, I had this Vaseline already and I believed that it can't make a damage to my tattoo. so, for four days I was using a Vaseline constantly, etc. it is a really bad idea so don't do that. you should buy a proper cream, one that your tattoo artist told you to. better don't use anything than using a Vaseline....

Yeah, that is a mistake. I mean, I don't have a tattoo, but I do know that tattoo requires a creams that you can find in the pharmacy store. OK, you forgot this paper at your tattoo artist salon, but you could easily go to the nearest pharmacy store and ask them what the proper care is. They do know all about it and I really do believe that there is no reason for you to be scared at all to ask. Better that than ruin your new tattoo, or worst - ruin your skin. So, I know that I were you, I would go there and ask. Tattoo art is not something that is new and that people are not aware of, at all. Don't be silly :)

It is very important to wash your tattoo with some antibacterial soap. I would recommend you to use just one soap for your tattoo. When you notice some scabs, don't pull them them off. There is a reason why they don't feel down yet. Also, don't scratch your tattoo. Maybe you will fell sometimes that you need to scratch it, but don't. heavy scratching can make a damage to your skin. Don't swim in the ocean, pools or in the hot tub for a week when you made your tattoo. Some good cream and dry towels will help your tattoo remain fresh.

Hi there.
You have to take care of it for a week or two - two is an optimum time. I suppose that you know what you SHOULDN'T do - expose your tattoo to a sun, take a long baths in the sea, lake or similar, don't peak the skin of it, etc. The list is a bit longer.
Well, when it comes to things you should do, I can also make a longer list, but there is no need for it, because there are some crucial things that you need to do.
For example, you should know that your tattoo aftercare moments start at this moment when you leave your tattoo studio.
You need to remove this wrap after two hours. I know that some artist will tell that you should hold it for 24 hours, but there is no need for it.
Once you remove the wrap, you should wash it gently with warm water and use some antibacterial and alcohol free soap. Use some cream that is antibacterial and that your tattoo artist recommended it to you. Also, you should know that before cleaning your tattoo, you will want to clean your hands thoroughly to kill any bacteria present.

We also forget to mention more important tips that you should do for the first couple of days. Depending on where your tattoo is, try no to wear tight clothes - pants, shirts, etc.

Also, when you are washing your tattoo, don't use dirty or abrasive towels to clean the tattoo.

Don't go back to your exercise routine soon, because sweat can make a problem to your new tattoo, just like a lifting weigh can.

Don't wash your tattoo with hot water, even if you believe that hot water will kill all the possible bacteria, but there is no need for it. Warm water is just fine.