hi people!

I am here because I want to hear your opinion about Vaseline petroleum jelly for tattoo after care. 

not sure what to think about this, because I have asked so many people about this and guess what - the opinions are mixed, some of my friends told me to use it, while some of them told me that I should not use it for so many reasons.

so I was wondering, do you have an idea what are the pros and cons for this?

why I should or why I shouldn't use it?

let me know, I accept every replay... 

Hello there!

No, no, no. Don't do that. There are so many reasons for this. One is for sure, a Vaseline is very thick and non-porous. That means that, once you applied a Vaseline a tattoo, it will create an air lock around the tattoo. Doing that, it will prevent a precious oxygen from reaching the wounded skin that requires it in order to repair itself. In that case, the tattoo will take much longer to heal with a "help" of Vaseline.

Also, once you apply it, it will create a moist, humid pocket of trapped air between the Vaseline and your skin. 

So, seek for another one. 

I was also reading some reviews according to Vaseline. I was reading how good it is than how bad it is and that you should never put it on your new tattoo because the healing process will be a way longer.

Now, when I am reading your replay, it makes a lot of sense. Vaseline actually is not good for this thing. So, I think that you should find another tattoo aftercare product that is actually very good. Anyone in the pharmacy store can tell you what is the best for you, I mean, it is not like a tattoo is something new and forbidden, so they don't know. Opposite. 

Celebrity

I think that you should avoid it.

Even if this one is a good product for healing the skin, it might be really bad for your tattoo.

It is very simple, there is no fresh air. Now you are wondering what fresh air - well, let me get a clear picture for you, without generous amounts of fresh air due to the thick Vaseline, the tattoo will take much longer to heal.

It is not like it is going to make some huge damage, that your tattoo won't heal, it will, but slower. And that complicated everything, right? 

Buy a proper cream. There is so many of them. 

Wait, what do you mean? Isn't Vaseline good for everything? I mean, I bought this one for my new tattoo. Now, I am reading your comments and I really can't believe that this can only harm your skin, ink and generally to your tattoo. OK, I guess that I will have to listen to your advice, but I am sure that I can leave this Vaseline somewhere and try to use it for something in the next period? Do I can use it when my tattoo heals - just to put some thin layer on it in order to prevent my tattoo to be - I don't know, something? Any advice is OK :) Tnx a lot!

Celebrity

Yes, it is pretty much something that you should avoid if you want your tattoo to remain fresh, etc. So, leave it somewhere, maybe you will need it for something else, not for the tattoo. Of course, I don't want to forget to tell you-you should not put it on your tattoo not even when it is healed, normal, etc. Not even after three weeks. I mean, I am not sure that something bad can happen to you and I think that it won't, but there is no reason for you to put any cream, not just a Vaseline on it. 

Hello.

I also was reading about this, I was was asking about this and I always get a mixed replays as well. But it seems to me that this is not an option and that you should avoid it. There are so many tattoo after care creams, indeed.

But generally, I did some small research and of course, I am not an expert, but I believe that people are a bit too much when it comes to this issue, because they mentioned so many problems, and basically, I believe that there is only one problem - Vaseline creates a problem for possible ink loss if you apply it incorrectly.  That is all if you ask me.

Celebrity

Well, the most important thing about every cream - do not put it that much. It is very important to follow your tattoo artist directions - he will tell you what is the best for your tattoo and your skin. 

So, if he recommended a Vaseline in your case - which I doubt then use it, I don't know what to tell you.

All I am saying is that a lot of people were complying with this after using it on the fresh tattoo - the ink was different than before. 

But once again - I believe that some other solution is better.