Do you even have an idea why am I keep having some vaginal discharge between my periods? This is happening to me for a while now and whenever I think that it will stop - nothing. It is still there. I did some researches and I found a lot of things about this, but most of the posts say that this might be a yeast infection. How to find out this and what to do in this case? Is that a yeast infection or this is something else?  I don't feel any pain or any difference, just this vaginal discharge between periods. 

I don't think that there is anything wrong with you, not every woman gets the same amount of vaginal discharge, I heard that there are some women who get it almost every day so no worries about it. As long as your vaginal discharge keeps its white or transparent color and as long as it doesn't smell in a bad or a weird way, you are fine. If you ever notice a change in your vaginal discharge color or its smell, that is an alarm which says to go and talk to your doctor in order to see if everything is okay.

Whenever you notice that your vagina or your vaginal discharge has a bad smell, something that is obviously different than before, that means that you should go and get checked out by your gynecologist. It is supposed to be a clear sign that there is something wrong. I mean, come on, don't play with things like these, even if you don't like visiting your gynecologist, it is a must do thing in cases like these. Whenever you are having second thoughts about these kind of things, just go to your gynecologist and check if everything is okay, it is better for you.

I think that you are fine, there is nothing abnormal in what is happening to you but if you want to feel a bit safer, then you are probably going to have to talk to your gynecologist about this although I do not see the point of that. Many women get their vaginal discharge at the same time as you do so it is normal, trust me about that. If your vaginal discharge has a transparent to milky white color and it doesn't smell badly, and your vagina is not itchy, then you are surely not having any problems with your vagina.

Let me give you an advice: if you think that you could be having a yeast infection or any other kind of vaginal infection, simply make an appointment with your gynecologist and get examined. This is not something to mess with and you won't find clear answers on the internet, I mean, the answers can be clear but as long as you don't tell us everything that is going on, about the look and the smell of your vaginal discharge, we won't be able to help you in a proper way while on the other side, your gynecologist will definitely be able to help you.

Hello Guest and the rest of you.

Isn't that period already so stressful so you need to go through this as well? If you have this brown discharge after your period, that is not that serious, but having a Brown discharge between periods can be indication of serious health problems for some women.  

In your case, it is hard to tell because this also can be just so - called a hormonal storm that can cause your discharge to be brown.

I had it once and it was nothing serious, thank God. But I went to see my doctor immediately. I don't like to take a risk, especially when it comes to intimate health. 

Hi guys. Thank you for trying to help me about this issue. I haven't noticed that some different and bad smell is coming from down there. Maybe I haven't observed it well. But I need to tell you that for the last couple of days I am having some really bad itch and it is scaring me. My period is about to begin and I noticed this brown color on my panties again and on the toilet paper as well. How do you even get this yeast infection? Is there any possibility that I have it? I can't tell my mom about this, because her reaction is what scares me the most.

You should definitely consult your gynecologist because brown discharge before your period with this ugly smell is definitely a sign of some infection. 

Which infection, I am not sure. Maybe it is a yeast infection, it does make a sense.

But look, don't be scared because this can affect your period as well. Instead of self-pity you should visit the doctor and tell him what is your problem. Not all brownish discharges are the sign of infection, it can also be some hormonal imbalance but you can't know that without doing some tests.

So, do it while it is just at the beginning. 

Hm, there is one problem - you haven't told us how old are you, but I think that you are a teen girl because you can't tell your mom about this problem. That is a classical teen story. Look, honey, once you start puberty changes in your discharge are pretty normally. The vagina is self-cleaning and this same discharge increases the closer you get to ovulation and when you are sexually aroused. You can have this normal discharge for weeks, months or even years before getting your first period

Now, sometimes you can have few times brown discharge before your first period and even your first period can also look like this.