for someone to use a flutterboard while in lap lanes?
My swimming resembles that of a rock, but i would like to strenghten my legs in different ways...

what do you think?

i'm kinda thinking the same thing about practicing the board drills. the pool is very busy with adult lap swimmers every time i go, they are mostly training for tris so i think they'd be mad if i hogged a lane with a kickboard. there are some serious swimmers in there and there is only so much time designated for us old folks to swim laps.

summer schedule is even more limited. :x

not sure about building the strength in your legs in the water though.

i guess i could do water jogging...

not so much strenghten i suppose, just different type of exercise :?
I dont know, i need to mix it up a bit...

You could use fins. It is a very hard workout for legs.

but would it be weird if also used a flutter board?

flutter board = kick board

No, not weird.

Here's my take on it.

Who cares what the other swimmers are using the lanes for or how good of swimmers they are or what they are training for. You paid just the same as they did and entitled to the water the same as they are.

Go for it.

I've seen some of the local uber swimmers grab a board for a few laps in their rotation/workout.

There's also a couple guys that use masks and snorkels to swim laps.

As soon as I see somebody backstroke on an air mattress, then I'll have somebody to mimic. :o