so i attempted to help my team tonite by contributing to our mileage... but my feet were too sore. i ran in some different shoes and went out on the road in my neighborhood. i got about a mi into it and had the worst pain along the sides of my feet. it was a combo of cramps and a burning sensation.

when i put my shoes on (some nice cushy rd shoes) they did feel kinda funny but i didnt think much of it and went on my merry way.

whats the deal? my trail shoes are way stiffer than i thought, at least compared to my rd shoes. they werent tied too tight and i know they fit right. i never get that feeling on the trail...

any ideas what the prob is? or suggestions to avoid it? if i do this running before dawn thing it will be right around the house on the rd and i dont want to have another reason not to run that early...

Can you be more specific about the pain? And that funny feeling?

Pretend I'm 5 and explain it really slowly.

the pain sounds like my last injury. How are you feeling today when you walk on it?

so the pain started about 5 min into my run and at first it was this kinda crampy feeling along the bottom edges of my feet. then it started to burn and my feet felt really tight.

the edges of my feet are from my little toe to my heel and the pad of my big toe to my heel...

i thought that tieing my shoes looser would help, but it only made it worse. i took my shoes off when i got home and they were still sore for the first 10 or 15 min that i walked around barefoot