My best friend has problem with eczema. I don’t know how to help her. Can someone tell me more about this? What is it all about? What is the proper treatment? I really want to help my friend.

Eczema or dermatitis is a group of skin conditions which can affect all age groups and the severity of the disease can vary. In mild forms the skin is dry, hot and itchy. However, in more severe forms the skin can become broken, raw and bleeding. Eczema is not contagious although it can sometimes look unpleasant. The inflammation of eczema can be reduced with treatment but the skin will always be sensitive and need extra care. The causes of eczema are many. They depend on the particular type of eczema that a person has. Currently, there is no cure for eczema though researchers are very optimistic. What is important is that there are many ways to minimize the discomfort and distress which eczema can bring. A wide range of treatments are available and I hope that your friend will succeed in finding what works best for her. Hope that I have helped you with my answer.