How long do you expect your treadmill to last? I'm having mine serviced for the first time in 4 years and I was just curious.

what's wrong with yours?

we've had ours since 98 and haven't had a problem. yet

knocking on wood.

I don't know yet. :shrug:

did it just stop or what? is it making odd noises? won't turn on? or WHAT?

4 years doesn't seem all that long; hope you have a reputable repair person too. i have visions of some assclown trying to fix it and, well you know how that goes....it's never right again.

sorry. :umno:

:LOL::LOL: The lights are on but no one's home. :| The belt won't move and the readout says E5 error. I'd been having problems with the belt slipping for awhile tho. When you first turned it on, for about the first minute or so it would squeak really loud and nearly stop with each step. Then it would warm up and be just fine.

yep, sounds like the dreaded E5 error alright. :umno:
i think the belt slipping can be fixed without a repair person though...we've adjusted the belt position before. but that other stuff, um no.

So lets say now its going to cost $500 dollars to fix it. Do you fix it, or buy a new one?

How much did you pay for it?

Uh oh. The E 5 error. Have you had your BMI checked lately?

You don't want to know. $2789.00
Yeah, I know. :duh:

You don't want to know. $2789.00 Yeah, I know. :duh:
Well, If I had that much into it I'd spend 500 bux to fix it. We have a TM at the gym acting up right now too and we try to do our own repairs. It's gonna prolly cost 300-400 bux for a part to fix ours. But considering it cost around 5000, that ain't bad. edited to add I am kinda surprised you're having a problem with it after 4 years. You the only one who uses it? What kind is it?

can you get someone else to look at it

i'd definitely contact the mfgr and complain. nothing major should have gone wrong within that much time --- tell them you have friends on the internet and you'll talk... :P

my treadmill likes to display a heart rate for me when i don't even have the monitor on :umno:

A similar problem happened on mine due to a power surge. It needed a belt motor and new board. Would have cost in excess of $300 but I had a warranty on it.

Sounds like the controller under the hood. On the slipping, of course a loose tread would do that, but so would a loose drive belt (from motor to front roller).