I'm thinking about buying a treadmill. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Thanks.

we have a Precor and it has been very reliable for the last 4 years.....

i'm thinking i just jinxed us but it's been just fine.

make sure you use a fan that blows on you when you use it. It will keep you much cooler. Also I highly recomend a TV it really helps pass the time.

I have a True. Used it for a year now the belt kinda slips a little sometimes but its ok. I think we paid too much for it tho.

I have a ProForm 785Pi going into year 3. Original cost was $599 on sale. Still works great & usually runs faster than I. :oops:

My advice: buy the extended warranty. It's worth it.

I have a Landice----?the series. But we saved alot of $$ by buying one without all the gadgets. I don't have preset programs. It was very important to get one that went 12 miles per hour rather than 10 and that's when you start getting into the higher price range. When I went to the fitness place, I tested out all their treadmill models. I went with landice because it was quiet. Almost three years of use and no problems--yet.

sue

I have a proform as well - I think it's model #860QT. The belt did start slipping after a year or so, and I was unable to fix it myself, so we had to pay $85 just for someone to come out. Works great now again, and cost us about $700. I also recommend you pay the extra on the service plan.

i've been living in a hotel three of the last four weeks - as a result i've been running on a life fitnessTM treadmill which i've found to be a real nice machine - i believe they sell models for home use too.

We have a Nordic Track Apex 6100xi.

It has worked really well for over the year we have had it.
It was spendy though, @ $2,000. Top model that they had at the local Sears store.

absolutely with all of the moving parts and electronics. If it gets a bunch of use to wear and tear alone and the yearly maintenance they will do will be worth it.