....the sign posted on a treadmill AFTER I explained to the fitness center staff what just happened to me. :squint: that's gonna leave a mark I'm stickin' to the roads from now on.

I've had the electricity go out in the middle of a treadmill run. You're right its not pretty. There is some sick side to me tho, that wishes I could have seen it from a different perspective.

I was talking to a friend of mine at the gym yesterday while he walked on the mill. He stepped on the side accidently shot forward but made a very nice save and didn't hit the deck.

:1: Having the power go out during intervals = much laughs /for someone else.

OUCH!

Always stay on the roads, man. What were you thinking??? ;)

I'm stickin' to the roads from now on.
musta been a "weak" moment. glad you're ok :umno: i kinda sorta think they should be a different sign on that treadmill: OUT OF ORDER.

I know someone who had some pretty serious injuries from falling off a treadmill like that, I'm surprised they just put a caution on there and didn't close the whole thing off. note to gym staff: the word you are looking for is unexpectedly On the flip side, I always wanted to see the security video of me as I was hurdling my walkman, which pulled down my towel, which pulled down my keys, which pulled down my water and it all was slamming against the wall behind me while I'm galloping like a fool... :teehee:

On the flip side, I always wanted to see the security video of me as I was hurdling my walkman, which pulled down my towel, which pulled down my keys, which pulled down my water and it all was slamming against the wall behind me while I'm galloping like a fool... :teehee:
treadmill videos are fubtastic, barring any serious injury of course. :squint: i'm still waiting for the day when i fly off the back and blast thru my bedroom wall, a la three stooges, and land in the neighbor's yard.

This scares the sh!t outta me. I was just reading an article in a fitness management magazine the other day about a law suit involving this exact subject.

:x

I was running on a TM two weeks ago at a 7:30 pace when it suddenly shorted out (along with the one next to me). I literally punched the damn thing and said a few explicitives. The guy next to me wasn't pleased either.

I.HATE.THAT!

Nothing like coming to a dead stop like that. Oh my shins!

I know someone who had some pretty serious injuries from falling off a treadmill like that, I'm surprised they just put a caution on there and didn't close the whole thing off.
Apparently at the mean speed of members there being 1.5-mph, a person doesn't even notice when the belt stops and re-starts. As I got my run going again on the next mill over, that's what happened. A big lady got on the busted mill and I kid you not, didn't even notice the belt jerks at micro-speed. When I talked with the guy at the desk more he asked how fast I'd been going and said he'd have A PRIOR COMPLAINT :umno: ..from a guy that had it going at 10-mph. Oh man, can you even imagine?! 8O

how about tape a sign on it say

Out of Order.

I was just telling my friend the other night about the time I fell of the mill and careened backwards into the mirror and left teh big sweat spot on the glass. Oh, you all remind me of the best of the old times!