I have a painful and migraine inducing bump on the left side of my Occipital bone, located an inch away from my ear. It's extremely painful and I have noticed some mood swings and it's driving me insane. Lately I've been having bad back pain too. I just want to know what are the possibilities or potential issue. It's very very painful and sore. It almost feels like a cyst by its hardness. I also am having a little case of the cold ontop of this. Sucks to suck, right?!

Hello, Elizabeth.  When did this bump first come about?  Did it start small and gradually grow or started to come from the skull, increasing in depth?  Was it painful from the start?  It sounds like you have a swollen lymph node that is causing you trouble.  You should go in and have a doctor look at it. You said you have a cold, so this could possibly be related.  Lymph nodes commonly swell with having a cold, but if yours is as painful as you say, you may need to go on antibiotics.  Lymph nodes are part of our immune system and it sounds like your lymph node became overwhelmed and became inflammed. 

Has anyone else had painful lymph nodes?

Yes! I have had one on the right side for a while now and the pain goes away every now and then, but it has been growing and the pain increases as time goes on..