On days like today I'd have to go with new shoes!

Do you stick with one shoe religiously or mix it up? I have to admit I buy whatever's on sale but it invariably ends up being New Balance. I tried on a pair of Saucony's yesterday but they must be designed for someone with a higher arch than me.

I love trying new ones, but it seems like I keep ending up with the same old thing!
Good thing i like them a lot!
The best thing about running is the feel of the wind on my shoulders!

I think the best part about running is being outside. It's great to see the different parts of nature, animals, seasons, etc.

I have worn the same type of shoes for the past year or so. I'm thinking about going back and getting re-fitted for shoes since these aren't lasting as long....

Keeping the weight off.

Shoes are important to me. I lucked into Brooks' Addiction and that's what I've been wearing for about a year. Things feel pretty good so they must be doing OK. I may try the Brook's Beasts next time.

Had a VERY bad experience with New Balance about 4 years ago. I still have reminders of it once in a while. Ironically, my mom's house in Skowhegan ME is about 1 mile fro the NB Factory Store.

Wait...you people run? You mean this is a running forum?

So when was someone going to tell me this??

:P

:moon:

The best thing about running is the resulting mental release. I, oh back-o-the-packer, run to turn my brain off of what it is hung up on, negativity, stress, work, issues, whatever, and then get to remind myself that I am capable of doing what I allow myself to do. Its a total recharge. You can't be in a bad mood after.

shoes: currently asics but I change around.

Yea its amazing how some people spoil it for the rest of us.

Hubby and I both had bad experiences with NB as well. Sad.
I like it because it's me against me. No judgments from the world--just me and the road. And knowing that even getting out for a little bitty run is a huge deal and it's way better than sitting on the couch. I.am.accomplishing.

change it to skating and i agree with this, the release it gives me. the short vacation from the world.
the running part is a nice cross trainer that works my hamstrings so i don't have to go into a gym instead.
sorry JU

oh great. i'm running NB's now having given up on Asics and Nike.
Stress relief and loss of gut are what keep me running.

I like kicking ass.

:1:
Except that I've recently decided to be monogamous when it comes to shoes. Asics and me forever. :wiggle:

I like the flexibility of being able to use it in different ways. Some days, it's the destressor I need, some days, it's what I use to challenge myself.

solitude.
Amen.