Hello people.

I need your help, of course. My little cat, Hope, is having a diarrhea for a few days now.First, I was thinking that she ate something that day, and that this will be ok after a while.

But, no.

She is having a diarrhea for three or four days now. She has bowel movements every hour, and I am really worried.

I didn’t have time to prepare food for her, so I gave her canned food. Maybe, this is the reason.

I really need cure for my cat’s diarrhea.

Can you tell me what to do about this? 

Hey there.

I don’t know, but maybe this canned food was out of the date? Did you check the date?Once, I had the same situation – I gave my cat canned food, and it was out of the date :/

My mistake.

There are a few things that can help you stop your cat’s diarrhea.

First, you can treat it with meds. If you are against meds, you can try Elm Bark. I have tried this, it is a natural herb and it is used by a lot of people who have a cats.

You can use capsule or powder form. 

My cat had similar problems, but she had some other symptoms too. I took her to the vet and he examined her for underlying illnesses. Then he took a stool sample, he said he needs to check for the presence of internal parasites.In the meanwhile, I  avoided giving her any food for about 12 to 15 hours while she was experiencing diarrhea. I provided her with plenty of fresh  water. Then I switched her to a fat free diet that included boiled chicken and rice. Since the diarrhea did not reoccur, I slowly switched her back to her previous diet. Problem solved.:)

Yeah, it’s recommended to avoid food for 12 to 24 hours for an adult cat having diarrhea.

The cat should be provided with small amounts of water, but frequently. That way you will prevent dehydration.  If you fail to do that, your cat needs to be given intravenous or subcutaneous fluids cause oral fluids pass through their organism too fast. 

If the diarrhea is caused by some bacteria, then the vet should prescribe some antibiotics.

But be careful, if you notice blood in your cat’s stool, you need to take her to the vet asap. That could be a sign of damaged intestine. And many other things, none of which are naïve. 

Hello there.

I am sorry for your cat. Unfortunately, diarrhea is a very common health issue in cats. I had this problem a year ago with my cat too. It was pretty bad and I was sad because I didn’t know what was causing it, so I didn’t know how to help her. I took her to a vet and he told me that she is already in the first phase of dehydration. You should be aware of that and (as someone already mentioned) you need to give her water (small amounts, frequently) to prevent it.

The vet told me to feed her with rice for a day or two and it really helped.

Hello. You should definitely avoid food for a couple of hours. I mean, I suppose that, even if you notice that your cat has diarrhea, you continue to feed her regularly. It is ok, because we are aware that you don’t have experience with cats. And, I hope that his is nothing serious as well. When your cat is thirsty, give her water. She needs to drink water to avoid dehydration. You should avoid any food that has vegetables in it, because it is dangerous. I am not sure about the meat, but I think that you can feed your cat with raw meet once a day. It is common problem, don’t worry. Just to be sure, get stool sample and give it to your vet. 

I had this problem with all my cats, as well. First time when this happened, I started to panic.

Now, I can say that I have a lot of experience.

When I see that my cat has diarrhea, I give her small amounts of water, just to stop diarrhea.

But, of course, there are a lot of home remedies for this issue.

You can give your cat bland home – cooked diet program, until diarrhea stops. Two parts of cooked white rice, you should mix with one part boiled chicken, because those ingredients are really easy to digest.

You can also use mashed potatoes instead of rice. 

Hi everyone, I had a cat few years ago, two of them actually. Basically, when you notice that your cat is having diarrhea, you should stop giving her food for half a day, or for a whole day. But provide her with some fresh water during the day because you don’t want her to dehydrate.

You should take her to the vet if she continues to have diarrhea. If she happens to vomit too or she has blood in her stool, you really need to get her to the vet because she might have a bigger problem than just diarrhea. I hope I was helpful.