Hey. I have this problem with my cat. She is acting completely normal, she eats just as she always did, she drinks enough water, she doesn’t seem depressed or anything, but she keeps having problems with her digestion. I usually take her out for a walk (it’s much easier for me than buying sand) so I didn’t even notice that. It was few days ago when this friend (who accidentally ran into us) asked me what’s wrong with her stomach. I went to see why is she asking me that and I’ve noticed that my cat is having diarrhea. I don’t know how to deal with this. What should I give her?

Hello. I had this problem with my cats. They sometimes have diarrhea and sometimes they vomit too,

but my vet says they’re very old and that’s kind of normal for their age- their digestive system is not

working properly.

Anyway, what you should do is- you should not give her anything for the next 12 or even 24 hours.

She needs to drink a lot of fluid so she doesn’t get dehydrated. So remember to provide her with fresh, clean

water to drink.

You should also talk to your vet about this because there are so many things that can cause diarrhea,

you never know.

Hey.

I hope that my experience can help you.

Almost a year ago, my cat had really bad diarrhea. Do you know how we healed it?  With lactobacillus. Now you are probably wondering what it is.

This is actually a type of friendly bacteria. This bacteria is protecting your cat’s body against some harmful bacteria that can cause harmful diseases.

Well, this bacteria can help your cat with diarrhea, and you can find it in many antibiotics.

For example, if you are giving a lactobacillus milk to your cat, it can be really helpful.  

If you are skeptical about this, than use the pumpkin. It can help.

Hey there.

I hope that everything is OK with your cat.

You can treat your cat with peppermint or even a chamomile. They are really helpful for cramps and some unpleasant symptoms that come with diarrhea.

Homeopathic podophyllum is very, very good remedy without any side – effects.

Have you ever heard about Metamucil? I did but I don’t know where I can find it. It is also helpful when you want to resolve diarrhea.

If you find it you should add half of teaspoon of Metamucil in your cat’s food.

You will be able to see results very soon :)

Hey everybody,

Mia, it all depends on the cause of the diarrhea. Let’s take the best possible scenario: that

it’s nothing serious, just something she ate (it always happens with cats since they eat from

the trash often).

Then you just need to stop giving her food for a day as Dalmatian Lover already said. In case

the diarrhea endures, it might be something more serious than you think, so a visit to the vet

would be advised.

Yeah, I guess my advice on what to give to her would be not to give her anything. The

medicines that others mentioned are okay too, but keep in mind that all medicines are also

called drugs.

Hello. There is a big possibility that your cat ate something bad and that you really don’t need to panic. This will go away but you need to be patient. All you need to do is to continue giving your cat regular food that you were giving her before this diarrhea. Of course, you should wait up to 48 hours before you start to feed her on the regular basis. If the parasites are the main reason for diarrhea, you need to visit the vet and ask him to prescribe you some meds because they can be helpful in this situation. Avoid water. If your cat is healthy she will have just one episode of diarrhea and it is done.

Hi to all,

Mia, you did say that your friend noticed your cat’s diarrhea a few days before your post. 

I don’t want to be pessimistic (although I think I’m realistic here), but as soon as you notice that your cat’s diarrhea is lasting more than a day, or let’s say two, that’s a sign that something is wrong and that you need to take a sample of it and take it to the vet.

Or, it could even be better if you took your cat for full analysis since constant diarrhea can mean a lot of negative stuff.

It could very easily be something serious regarding its duration.

Hi there,
You want my advice? Don’t give her anything. Her stomach needs to recover so it needs some time without receiving any food. I’m not saying that you need to starve your cat, no, just don’t give her food for a day, let’s say. That is, of course, if she doesn’t have any other symptoms. If she has more symptoms, if she is acting strange, you need to take her to the vet. Diarrhea is a symptom of so many diseases and a lot of them are dangerous, few of them lethal. I sure do hope that it’s not the case. My cat has diarrhea from time to time but I just let it be and it stops in a day.