I'm taking a couple of courses to keep my mind
busy while my husband is on his "trip".

Has anyone taken a course like this? What can I expect?

I'm also taking a "Bible as Literature" course.

They aren't real courses as our money is tied up in my husband's master's
degree program, but they should still teach me something!

nope. I took a post-modern course and a 'Bible and Current Events' course in college...that's about it. Loved both of them too...

This is my fiction writing course. ;)

nope. I took a post-mortem course
8O Now THAT would be cool. In one of my Bio courses we got to visit a medical school and got to see the dead bodies they were working on. TOO COOL! (or as Mr.Airehead tells me: too gross!!)

We got to see a cadevor in my biology course...a 76 year old man who died of lung cancer...Wow. His lungs were literally BLACK!

If that doesn't cure someone of the desire to smoke, nothing will!

nope. I took a post-mortem course
8O That's one thing I could never do! I've always wanted to take a creative writing course or something like that, but never have.

I think it's great that you're doing that. It's always good to exercise that noggin of yours.

Anyone know where I could take some kind of 'Woodshop' course?

My house. When do you want your lessons to begin?

i completed a film class and a rhetric/public speaking class in college - but all my writing for english term papers was fiction, does that count

As long as it wasn't someone else's fiction, it counts very well!

I've taken a few (they were creative writing courses) and every course is different (depending on the instructor). To prepare yourself, I suggest starting a journal. They are good spring-boards to creative writing in any capacity.

My favorite writing course required us to submit so many words (cannot remember how many). You would turn in the short story/poem/script to the professor, meet with him in his office and go over style, characters, etc., and then he would make copies for all students. You then had to read your piece out loud to the class with them following along. I submitted a total of 5 short stories and the beginnings of a script (keep in mind this was about 5 years ago). I broke out in tears while reading two of the stories because the characters were so vivid (not that they were based on anything I had experienced), as were the stories.

There was one guy who wrote about sex a lot, and another girl wrote a few quirly poems while tripping on acid. Heh heh...

Is it some kind of Sally Struthers type of online class??

No, I used to do a lot of woodworking and I've still got most of the tools. I did just sell my lathe recently though.

If I overnight a Pinewood Derby kit can you whip something up and have it back by weigh-in on Sunday?