Hey there everyone.

So I was chatting with my friend Irena yesterday. We were talking about our dogs.

She told me that one year ago she lost her dog due to canine circovirus.

She also mentioned me that she is really sad because there is no a cure for it and she is not sure is there any way to prevent this disease.

All I do know about CC is that it is relatively new in dogs, but not in the world.

I don’t want this to happen to my dog.

I was wondering, what are the causes of canine circovirus and how to prevent it?

Hello. This is a small virus that have been known to infect birds and pigs. But lately, in the past couple of years it attacks dogs as well. The bad news is that it can be a fatal for our pets. It is really serious. If you notice that your dog is vomiting or has diarrhea, you should contact your vet as soon as possible. Dogs with those symptoms could have a range of diseases. Some of them can be life – threatening and some of them don't. Now, about your question how to prevent it I don’t have an answer. Actually, no one does.

Hello.

I am really scared of this disease. I am super scared to be honest. I am reading a lot about this virus lately because trust me I am trying to find the ways to prevent it.

I don’t want this happen to any of my dogs.

But it seems to me that there is no prevention. You can try but nothing is 100% sure.

About the causes, I remember that I was reading that, when those dogs died in Ohio State, vets could not find the cause of it.

There are some symptoms but they are not that good indicators since they are the same for a lot of different disease.

Hey everyone.

I really don’t know that much about this ugly virus. But I know that you can’t prevent it. My sister lives in Ohio and her dog has canine circovirus. He is now in the pet’s hospital but she told me that vets are not optimistic. At all.\

We still need to learn a lot about this disease.

Canine circovirus infections have been documented in dogs with vomiting and diarrhea. It is rumored to be caused a several dog illnesses and deaths especially in Ohio in the 2013.

It makes me sad.

I am mad because there is no cure for it.

Hello everyone.

First – Happy new year to all off you. And your pets of course :)

I hate when I need to talk about canine circovirus. The biggest problem is because there is no way to prevent it. Nobody knows what the main cause is, no one from the experts can really tell.

They didn’t have enough time to work on some researches of this disease because it is relatively new in dog’s world.

Well, because it is new, they didn’t have time to find the cure at all.

All you can do is to look up for the symptoms.

Like others told you they are the same for some diseases but that it the only solution :/