I thought that cycling consists of getting on your bike and cycling. But then I’ve heard that there are various ways of pedaling and that came as a surprise. Now I’d like to learn those techniques and I’m wondering what dies this ankling means and how to practice it and whether to choose it or heels down technique. Thanks in advance.

I’m not too experienced cyclist either, but I know that there ahs been a debate over the efficiency of ankling style. Namely, some say that it’s difficult and that it causes pain. The others say it improves cycling efficiency. I have no idea what to think, since maybe I don’t practice it well. It’s actually a pedal movement in which ankles are moving your feet. There are various ankle motions while cycling. Heels down is, as far as I know, the technique used in riding, but not a bicycle but a horse.  There is toes up – heels down movement while pedaling, but I don’t know whether this is the appropriate name. Anyway, for starters, cycle as you like and if you can, ask somebody who’s experienced to show you the ropes.